jemabell

My updates

Whooley Dooley thats such a huge difference Gem. Bet you feel great and full of energy,  well done 

Have anyone else noticed tailbone pain after weight loss. I cant sit for more that 30 mins without it aching awefully? 

Ive ordered one of those cushions with the cut out but has anyone else experienced this? Does it get better?

• Like 1

Jemabell I’m having the same problem. Sitting on any chair for more than a few minutes has become extremely uncomfortable and going to the movies makes me squirm. I flew to Singapore recently and it was agony. But the worst of all is my toilet seat - it seems to press directly against my tail bone and is so painful that I’ve organised to have the seat replaced in the hope that a new toilet seat will help. I’m also hoping that this will get better.

Misery must love company cause its nice to know im not alone. Ive been trying to figure out if or when i may have injured it! Hopefully it eases soon.

Me too, with the tailbone pain! I haven’t lost nearly as much weight as you guys, congrats all around!, but I find if I sit for extended periods of time at work, my bum is so sore. I have a desk bound job, so it’s not ideal but I try to move around every hour at least, which is kind of good practice anyway. 

I’m sure greater weight loss leads to more pain, so I’m interested to see if the cushion helps as it might be a good investment for work.

Gemma, thank you for your updates. I’ve loved reading about your success, and your pics on the precious page are amazing!! 

For the record, I’ve lost 32kg since sleeve surgery in May 2017, and at 50 and with the “worlds slowest metabolism” (direct quote from family doctor) I am very happy and more than half way to goal. 

Hello All,

Been a while since i posted but i thought id give you an overall update 1 year post op.

Start weight 142kg

Current weight 81.8kg

Total loss 60.2kg in ONE YEAR

Never thought id be here and this update is to tell you all that this is possible and stay positive, some people in life and online even a few on this site may try to discourage you. Use it as fuel to push yourself forward, to fuel your engine, work harder, walk further, SMILE BIGGER.

Since surgery i have had a few other problems occur which are related. My digestive system is still rather crappy, after many tests and trials we still arnt sure why. My doc is now testing for a few more serious illnesses which im praying for negative results on but im staying optimistic.

Im very low in vitamin B12 which is due to not eating much animal products and the digestive issues im having. Im just not absorbing as much as I need.

I eat a bit of everything these days buy mostly vegitables. Veggies and salads sit more comfortably so they are usually my choice. I stay away from dairy ,eggs and sugared drinks as they tend to upset my stomach.

Excess skin isnt as bad as i thought it would be, tummy is the main area that bothers me as i get rashes and its really hard to target that little bit of fat that sits in that pouch. 

All in all, for the health benefits ive gained, im not so bothered but the health issues i have now. Appart from having to use the toilet frequently, and getting stomach cramping life is pretty good

Thanks to everyone who supported me on this page from the start, it was really helpfull and i hope this ipfate helps someone else out there :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello All,

Been a while since i posted but i thought id give you an overall update 1 year post op.

Start weight 142kg

Current weight 81.8kg

Total loss 60.2kg in ONE YEAR

Never thought id be here and this update is to tell you all that this is possible and stay positive, some people in life and online even a few on this site may try to discourage you. Use it as fuel to push yourself forward, to fuel your engine, work harder, walk further, SMILE BIGGER.

Since surgery i have had a few other problems occur which are related. My digestive system is still rather crappy, after many tests and trials we still arnt sure why. My doc is now testing for a few more serious illnesses which im praying for negative results on but im staying optimistic.

Im very low in vitamin B12 which is due to not eating much animal products and the digestive issues im having. Im just not absorbing as much as I need.

I eat a bit of everything these days buy mostly vegitables. Veggies and salads sit more comfortably so they are usually my choice. I stay away from dairy ,eggs and sugared drinks as they tend to upset my stomach.

Excess skin isnt as bad as i thought it would be, tummy is the main area that bothers me as i get rashes and its really hard to target that little bit of fat that sits in that pouch. 

All in all, for the health benefits ive gained, im not so bothered but the health issues i have now. Appart from having to use the toilet frequently, and getting stomach cramping life is pretty good

Thanks to everyone who supported me on this page from the start, it was really helpfull and i hope this ipfate helps someone else out there :)

• Like 1

Well done! you are a real inspiration with your results as well as your positive attitude. I bet your family are incredibly proud of you.