Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sleepless in SA

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi everyone,

I had my sleeve done one week ago at 130 kg in my mid 40s. 

Thursday July 7, 2017. At the time the first two days seemed horrible but other than that I'm coping well but day to day. I have three major converns and a few questions.  The major concern right now is sleep.

1 -  Cant sleep - Ive always been a good sleeper and this is driving me crazy.

Not to mention sleep helps with recuperation, weight loss and mental health. 

2 - No 2s - I had an interesting in time on the loo the other night and was very happy to be in my own home. I'm nervous how that's going to play out if I  out and about. 

3 - Scare of what will happen in i over eat. I will have to cross that bridge after the liquid phase.

4 - What can you take to help reduce hair loss and does it have an impact? 

5 - What can you take (vitamins / lotions) to help try reduce the skin sag and does it have any real impact?

6 - What is a good protein alternative to Optifast? I'm almost to the point I can't stomach it.

It's been lovely to read and feel connected over the last week while I've been recovering.

regards

Sleepless in SA

Posted · Report post

Sleep - Much better night sleep thank goodness.

My patern is one night on one night off. Even on my good nights I'm waking and having difficultly getting back to sleep. 

Optifast - ive bought the Fauldings nutrient rich protein mix to see how that goes.

No 2s - going better 

Posted · Report post

I'm 11 weeks out, and I know people say this all.the.time but it really does get better! I couldn't stomach Optifast so bought Nature's Way protein powder (non-flavoured) and would add it to V8 veggie juice or V8 fruit juice. It's still not great tasting but at least you don't get the horrible chemical aftertaste that Optifast leaves you with. 

No.2s took a while to get going, partly because you're just not taking in much to dispose of, but I ended up buying prune juice, and after two doses I was back on track. Now I'm on solids, I keep a bag of prunes in the fridge (because I like them, and miss eating dried fruit) and have a couple every few days to keep things moving. 

I'm not worrying about skin sagging so am no help there, sorry. For the record, I started at 144.4kg prior to the two-week Optifast fast, and am down to 123kgs as of today. I'm 50, and have/had the worlds slowest metabolism ever, so will happily take whatever weight loss I get. 

All the best to you in your journey.