Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Just banded

Hey everyone just had my lap band op yesterday by dr gounder in Hollywood hospital Perth. Felt very sore and sorry for myself immediately after but much better today. I have been able to have sips of water with no problems and hopefully get to try something with a bit of flavour today. I must say that the 2 week optifast diet was very challenging but I stuck to it with no cheating and lost 6kgs. Looking forward to my new life that is about to begin. 

• Like 2

Hello All,

I'm not sure exactly where to place myself (newy or veteran). I had my lapband inserted 12 years ago. After year 5 or 6, I had some issues and they emptied the band to allow time for healing. Unfortunately for me, there was no one on the island who had a knowledge of the band to service me. This meant flying to NYC every time I had an issue. For a while, it was quite often. Eventually, I  gave up and over the next 4 years I regained 80 lbs. I recently found a  Dr  here who can deal with fills, so I'm back on board again I now have a 4 fill and am remembering just how finicky  the band  is. Mine doesn't want to open till well after noon, even after drinking  hot water. Im easing back in the saddle. I have no doubt that the band works, and if it's okay, I will hang out for a while and be a part of the community