Pre op ESG newby

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi..... I am new to this forum as of today. I have my Dr appt on 26th Sept. I have been researching and umming and arrrhhhing for the last 3 years but have made the decision to have the sleeve via the endoscopic procedure.  I'm in the Newcastle NSW area. I had a lap band in 2005 but after 3 years had it removed.  As most have done, I've tried every diet I could find and fed up with the yoyo so here goes! I want to lose 30kgs... have lots of comorbities and simply sick of consistently feeling miserable and popping pills for all the self inflicted comorbidities!! Sending my best wishes and thoughts to you all 

Warm Regards

Rainbow Gypsy

Posted · Report post

Welcome rainbow gypsy :) 

I'm in Newcastle too, keeping my fingers crossed you have better luck with the ESG than the band. Which surgeon are you going to? 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi Jellybelly89. Thank you for the welcome and wishes of luck

I had my band done with Dr Tim Wright however I'm having the sleeve with Dr Dhan Chiruchelvam in Hamilton. Yeh I had no luck with the band and had consistent pain and so many different foods I was unable to eat at all that after 3 years, and many saline reductions done, I just told him to remove it

d

Posted · Report post

That's who I had my band through as well, hopefully you have much better luck with the sleeve! Not long until the 26th either, are you hoping to be booked in as soon as possible? Before Christmas would be nice so you'd be recovered enough to enjoy it in a new "normal" kind of way

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am hoping to have it done asap however I have been a heavy smoker for 37 years so quit 4 days ago as 1. I NEED to.....2. I WANT to....3. I have respiritory illness caused by it.....4. I can't afford to smoke..... 5. I WANT THIS SURGERY LOL..... also after reading so many posts on forums re smoking and the surgery, I'm pretty sure I've read numerous times a test is done for smoking before surgery.... definitely do not want to have my surgery delayed because of smoking. Yes before Xmas would be awesome... I just looked at your weight loss etc WELL DONE! You must be so proud of yourself! Congrats to you and I hope your pleased with your results.

Posted · Report post

Good on you for giving up! Its another huge addiction, that just like food is difficult to overcome but you've taken the first step. It'll make a huge difference with recovery though, and ensure they're willing to go ahead with the surgery just in case. How have you gone so far? 

Thanks, I still have a fair bit to lose - 80kg was my realistic goal and I didn't quite make it but I still feel and look so much better and enjoy more than I did before that :) 

2 people like this