Boganlicious

3 - 4 weeks post op recovery

If you didn't suffer any complications how did you feel around 3 - 4 weeks post sleeve? I really want to be sleeved in early to mid January and it would be my daughter's birthday 3 - 4 weeks later. We will be having a party for her. I know I will still be on liquids so no tasting any of the food I will be making or any birthday cake but physically will I be up to it? 

I don't want to delay my sleeve any longer than I already have, I'm ready to take the huge step needed. 

Hi Boganlicious, I'm currently 5 1/2 weeks post op. I reckon you definitely handle a kids party at 3-4 weeks. 

By week 3-4 I was feeling really good. Lots of energy. I was back at work and had no issues (I work with 3-5 year olds, so high energy is needed). As for diet I was on purée/mashed food by week 3 and on food that can be mashed in the mouth by week 4 (as per my dietitians instructions).  

• Like 2

Hey bogan,

The inly issues i had around that stage was with bowl movements, but i think my experience was quite rare and even now at 7months post op its still happening. Its called dumping and it dosnnt usually happen to sleevers but im just "lucky". I had a event at about 5 weeks post op, and left early because i had to "use the loo" and im one of those people who needs to be at home to do it lol. Although these days i cant really be fussy. Appart from that healing wise  at that stage i was fine, so im sure you will be ok :) 

• Like 1

I was back at work full time 2 weeks i was tired sure but it was very doable, kids birthday you will be hella tired, however i think for you you should do the surgery and you will be there for you daughter.

• Like 1