Sign in to follow this  
youngbelle

update-ish

Hello lovelies,

Thought i would stop drop in a few words. For those just starting, those struggling. So 2+ plus years post op. Life is not easy, however i would not take back this journey for anything. Anywho, i have lost half my body weight still slowly slowly going down. No ones journey is the same, some will lose quickly, some will lose slowly. Some of us look amazing some of us look stupid with our excess skin.

I find that we all have to plud along the best we can and should never not once compare ourselves to others. 

However i could never not once be in a normal size and go to sales and not have to worry about things fitting. However i can worry when i by myself a skirt and it turns out to be a tshirt.

I still very much want plastic surgery for my arms more than anything secondly boobs, then my legs and then my tummy. However i want kids and dont see the point getting my tummy or boobs done. I would still love my arms done more than anything. However i must say control stockings are a god send, they are amazing. 

Feel like im ranting however just wanted to touch base so people knew they could reach out as well, i am always happy to help and answer any questions i can. I am 26 and was 24 when i had the surgery done.

• Like 3

Thanks for the post youngbelle, i always think about where i might be in 2 years. I was sleeved in march. At this point i know its early but my tummy skin is becoming  and issue. So eventually i may look into that if i can every afford it lol. Its nice to hear from people a few years ahead.

honestly i've gotten over it i wear control stockings and they work a treat, or high wasted pants. Being the weight i was or have a bit of excess skin think we all choose that excess skin. Just find clothes to hide it, no one cares except you. Like my partner loves im soo squishy. 

• Like 1

Many, many congratulations and well done @youngbelle on your outstanding weight loss!

I have had plastic reconstructive surgery done, a 1/2 body lift and my arms.  My thighs need doing as they are a tsunami of flesh when I walk, and can be quite uncomfortable.  I just need to win some dosh on the Lotto!

You are welcome to check out what I had done, it's on my blog.  *Warning* Contains pics.

Wishing you all the best,

:)

My husband LOVES the squishy too lol! I tend to wear compression undies most day which helps, but i also have some "muscle seperation " issues that happened during pregnacy which needs correcting. So i tend to look pregnate even though im not. They would reconstruct that while doing the tuck.  Its still early days so i have plenty of time.

compression clothing has been my godsend.

I'll pop on a Skins singlet top or normal T-shirt top in a size medium and it takes care of the small amount of excess skin that I have, particularly around the chest area.

• Like 1