Shorty

Weather is warming up...chaffe season is here

I know after nearly seven years you would think I'd have this sorted but I don't!  I'm just back from a hiking trip and have the more awful chaffe, not in the normal spots although this spot is common for me.  :blink:

I've tried all the preventative topical products on the market and for the most part they are amazing.  I've written articles about a range of preventative products but have just one spot that nothing seems to work on.  So tell me what your tricks are.  

FWIW, I've put on a few kilos but it just means the loose skin isn't as loose at the moment and it was a problem all the way down and now back up the weight range, plastic surgery isn't an option and wouldn't help on this spot, have also tried different clothing and sizes.  Need to fix it as there are too many more adventures on my list and they aren't nearly as much fun managing this.  :(

• Like 1

I found that good old petroleum jelly worked very well, generic from the supermarket is fine.

I found that good old petroleum jelly worked very well, generic from the supermarket is fine.

That's one that doesn't work for me.  :(  Best ones I've found are Body Glide or Gurney Goo.

There's something on the market, they're like thick garters.  Not sure how good they'd be?  Otherwise something here? https://www.mamamia.com.au/anti-chafing-shorts-australia/

I wear similar shorts when I run/walk but there is still a lot of skin tha rubs on itself or the tights.  It's a pesky spot where by top of my leg meets my bottom, soo annoying.  

I use the 3B Cream an unbelievable product, who ever came up with the product should have won an award.

• Like 1

I wondered about those thigh bands, being lace, whether they'd rub together and ball up with each other. I also note they only go to size L, and you can bet that's an Asian size L, which would only fit the average Aussie 6 year old!

I'd be very happy if I was wrong on both counts!

Edited by Kazawaki