Sign in to follow this  
Sandy15

Experiences with Dr Dolan Please!!

Those who had their sleeve done with Dr Dolan, can you please share your experience? Was he pleasent and how was his work? I've heard so many mixed reviews on him, I'm not sure If I should ask my gp to refer me to him or to someone else. 

TIA

You said it yourself, mixed reviews.  Only you can decide for yourself if you will like him.  If you don't, then get a referral to see someone else.

• Like 1

That wasn't what I was looking for ... otherwise I wouldn't have posted this to a group of people who have had surgeries most likely done by him. but thanks for trying to help.

Dr Dolan was my surgeon for the lap band which I had done on 8th November, he was quite informative about all options. He came across as quiet I guess that’s the word lol, but he ended up putting me at ease just before surgery. 

Hopefully that helps. :)

Edited by Tia
  • Like 2

He did my brothers sleeve last February and he has done amazingly. I was just recently referred to him for my own sleeve and to me he is quiet with a funny sense of humour that does put you right at ease. I haven’t had surgery with him yet but if he takes as good care of me as my brother I’ll be estatic. 

• Like 1

He did my band and I've had no issues at all, I found him to be very professional in manner, he doesn't beat around the bush, he tells it how is and personally I prefer a no nonsense approach, i didn't want a fluffy doctor, I want one who does a great job. His team are great and very caring.

• Like 1

He did my lap band in 2012, last year he removed my lap band, after 6 months he did my sleeve. dr Dolan also did my husbands sleeve.

Later this year he is doing my abdominoplasty. 

I would say that's good enough feedback, just make sure you have lots of questions and don't rush the decision. 

The team at WALOS are very helpful. 

Goodluck 

• Like 1