Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The good, the bad and the ugly

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i am about 9 years banded, then rebanded with a plication done about 3 years ago. Lost 35kg and kept it off for a few years. After band 2 I slowly gained and  I am back to pre-banded weight, with currently no fluid in my band (my choice). 

I would love to hear from folks who have gone band to sleeve. Your experience with the op, done in one or two? Your weight loss. Any complications. 

I am undecided whether to go and have a sleeve done after 2 bands. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Posted · Report post

Do a search on band to sleeve on this forum.  Sometimes the people on here get a bit fed up answering the same old question and if you read through the topic and have a specific question i'm sure someone will have some answers for you. You've already had two procedures and unless you change your head and way of thinking no WLS will be your magic bullet. Obviously you can lose weight as your 35kg loss shows-perhaps you need a bit of psychological help to get you motivated again.  

Having no fluid in the band tells me (and I could be wrong!) you got sick of having to watch everything you put in your mouth and wanted to eat 'normally' again- but old habits are what got you here in the first place.  I've been banded nearly 7 years and still a couple of kg's from that elusive goal weight but I have found a great bariatric doctor and check in every few months to keep me on track.  I have at various times contemplated ripping out the band, drowning myself in a vat of warm chocolate (how good would that be:P), and getting a sleeve-but if that didn't work-the bypass????? Sorry if I sound harsh but you REALLY need to be in the right headspace to do this.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Wow, having been a member on here for as long as I've been banded its a sad day if 'people get fed up answering the same old questions'

I imagine there aren't too many new questions to be asked these days.

Thanks for your reply Ozchick

Posted · Report post

I am sorry that things haven't gone well for you.

I've never been banded so can't comment on issues regarding that.

But can only wish you the best.  

1 person likes this