Sign in to follow this  
rumplebear

Gastric Bypass day to day life

Can anyone here with a bypass describe the reality of the diet to me? As in how much fat/sugar causes an issue. As in can you sneak in an occasional full fat, full sugar yoghurt, or a couple of hot chips, or jam on toast etc? Or a chunk of cheese...?

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 8:27 AM, rumplebear said:

Can anyone here with a bypass describe the reality of the diet to me? As in how much fat/sugar causes an issue. As in can you sneak in an occasional full fat, full sugar yoghurt, or a couple of hot chips, or jam on toast etc? Or a chunk of cheese...?

Would be interested in this info as well!

Well, it's been a while since I posted that question!
I've found the facebook bypass groups far more informative than this site.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, rumplebear said:

Well, it's been a while since I posted that question!
I've found the facebook bypass groups far more informative than this site.

I didn’t even see this!

for me: cheese is fine. Sugar is fine (although I have a lower tolerance for it, if that makes sense) full fat/full sugar yoghurt is kind of sickly- a teaspoon or two will do me now. 

Bread, for me, is a huge no. Anything bread-like is a no. I miss toast. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:38 PM, zaruse said:

I didn’t even see this!

for me: cheese is fine. Sugar is fine (although I have a lower tolerance for it, if that makes sense) full fat/full sugar yoghurt is kind of sickly- a teaspoon or two will do me now. 

Bread, for me, is a huge no. Anything bread-like is a no. I miss toast. 

Zaruse I can eat toasted sandwich thins, have you tried them? I don't eat much bread, and haven't pushed my luck on lots of sugar yet. Cheese is fine for me, I've had 3 or 4 hot chips and half a cheeseburger with no ill effects but that's the naughtiest I've been!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, rumplebear said:

Zaruse I can eat toasted sandwich thins, have you tried them? I don't eat much bread, and haven't pushed my luck on lots of sugar yet. Cheese is fine for me, I've had 3 or 4 hot chips and half a cheeseburger with no ill effects but that's the naughtiest I've been!

I haven’t tried them! Might have to give it a go.

I can eat about 1/2 of one side of a toasted English muffin these days, which is good because they are fabulous toast substitutes!

It still astounds me that I can make a single egg omelette and be full full full afterwards. 

A single egg pre-surgery wouldn’t have even touched the sides.