Sign in to follow this  
Rosie16

Really nervous

Hi all,

I've been stalking this page for a few weeks now and finally thought I would introduce myself.

I have been dieting and exercising for about 5 years and have lost 50kg, but in the last 2 years, I put on a lot of weight... I had so much happen in such a short amount of time - to give you an idea, I went to 5 funerals and had a miscarriage in the space of 18 months -  I lost my way and my motivation. I have found that I cant get myself back on track and I am falling further and further behind. I feel like this surgery will give me a kick to get back on track and help me find myself again.

I have only told my mum, brother, husband and 2 friends that I am having this done... my husband and best friend both told me not to do it... it's really hard to feel like I'm doing the right thing when I don't have the support of the people around me.

I also have quite a big scar right across my stomach and we still want to have more children. Does anyone know if these things will affect the surgery at all? I'm going to ask the doctor too.

Anyway... I have my initial appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday, so wish me luck!

Rosie16 - I'm sorry the last 2 years have been an uphill battle and hope your surgery totally smashes all the negativity away. Just like Deeishere22, wish you all the best for surgery and for the months after that may need some relearning and rejigging, but in the end it will all be wonderful.

Thank you both, it has been emotional the last few days too with the initial consult and some issues there but finally booked in for April 2018. So excited!

Are you April too Deeishere22?

It's been suggested by my doctor that I go see someone to talk to... so I've booked in for that, i'm not really looking forward to that.

I also asked the surgeon about my scar and he said it would be fine, and he will just work around it. So that's a weight off my mind :)

I had lots of questions too. Yes I'm April, I'm so exited, but nervous too. My biggest fear is that their won't be anyone to pick me up from the hospital after surgery. My only reliable friend works FIFO.

Self soothing will be difficult, I often don't feel well and I think if I eat I'll feel better, but it doesn't matter how much I eat,  it's still there.  

I've recently found an app called meet-up and found some free self improvement workshops like nlp or confidence building. 

• Like 1