Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Late Christmas Present from mySurgeon

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am due to have my sleeve done later this month.  I saw the dietician a couple of weeks ago and when I was leaving I intended to pay for the surgery (a requirement with my surgeon).  I had previously been given a quote from the office staff and when I went to pay I couldn't locate my quote paperwork so the receptionist went to see the surgeon and check with him.  She came back a couple of minutes later and said that the Dr was doing my surgery "Gap Free" because I had a lapband removed by him four years earlier.  I was shocked and so ecstatic.  I told the receptionist it was like a late Christmas present, she said "Merry Christmas".  She also said that because he was doing Gap Free, that the Anaesthetist would also do Gap Free.  That is about a $6500 Christmas present.  I was floating on cloud nine all the way back home.  I still can't believe that he has been so generous.  So my only out of pockets will be my excess for the hospital.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Wow Irene that’s excellent news. What a truly special thing to happen :D 

Posted · Report post

Wow what an awesome pressie! You must have been so stoked!! I had my band removed 2 years ago and my surgeon is giving me $1000 off his fee (which I think is pretty awesome too). It’s nice when they do this for returned clients isn’t it? 

Posted · Report post

My surgeon is dead!  Better keep looking after my band!!!;)

Posted · Report post

My surgeon is dead!  Better keep looking after my band!!!;)

I don't know whether to laugh or not!  My Neurologist was found guilty of professional misconduct and fraud.  I never liked him! And his consulting hours were very unsuitable for me.   Needless to say I am seeing someone else instead.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Happy days @Irene B!  That is magnificent, you are very lucky! 

Posted · Report post

Wow that’s awesome! I had a similar thing happen. With my anaesthetist ai was quoted $1250 and when I had my appointment with him I wanted to pay and asked him how much and he said my out of pocket cost would be $250 I nearly fell off my chair!! So happy to save a few dollars well 1000 to be exact! 

1 person likes this