Sign in to follow this  
LouisA

Did anyone ever cheat on the preop diet ?

Did anyone ever cheat on the preop diet? I have fallen off the wagon a little bit here and there and am feeling extremely disappointed in myself! Just wanting to hear from anyone else who struggled or is struggling, if it effected your surgery or not etc.

TIA 

You have to look at it as 2 weeks out of the rest of your life.  If you can get past the first week it does get easier.  You are only human after all and used to snacking when you felt like it and before you know it the choc/chip/wine or whatever disappeared.  Tomorrow's another day.  Just tell yourself it's good training for after the surgery :)

• Like 1

Wow!  I am astonished at the lack of respondents to this post! 

I started my pre op diet 4 days ago and apart from the first day as I started in the evening I have not cheated at all. Not even to test the tenderness of my partners steak in the stir fry. Meat is what I’m craving the most. I thought I’d miss soft drink, ( I used to drink a 500ml energy drink a day) but I’m coping without that. I’m just having water for fluids, strawberry’s for day snacks and a cup of veges for tea, plus the three optifast a day. I do feel hungry all the time and kind of an empty feeling and always seem to have a yucky taste in my mouth. I have said all along that the two weeks pro op will be my biggest challenge. 

• Like 1

Sure did!  If I could have stuck to the pre-op diet for two weeks, I would have been able to stick to a better diet full stop!  Fortunately, it did not affect my surgery.  My liver was in great shape, so I got lucky.  

I can only say to those that fall off the pre-op wagon, don't fret too hard.  Get back on as quickly as possible and try your absolute, and honest, best to stick to it.  Speak with your medical/nutritional team and get their feedback.