Sign in to follow this  
morgielea

Throwing up frequently- is this normal?

I’ve been having a google and couldn’t find anything informative so I thought I’d see if anyone has the same experience...

I had my surgery in late December 2017 and have been doing well- lost about 25kg. I did not have any complications and actually benefitted more than the obvious as my lactose intolerance has disappeared and the surgeon discovered symptoms of an undiagnosed auto immune disease in my stomach during the operation. The only real negative I have noticed is that I throw up very easily/ unintentionally make myself throw up. It’s not like when I’ve eaten to much or drink to soon after eating, there is no nausea involved nor any discomfort. But essentially I swallow in a funny way and bring up the food I’ve just eaten. I don’t do this intentionally, and it’s more of a annoyance than anything as I just all of a sudden bring up my food after swallowing.

I hope this makes sense- we get this surgery to lose weight in a healthy manner and I really don’t want to end up losing weight to quickly or end up not getting ing enough nutrients as I am throwing up to much.

Has anyone else experienced this?

This certainly doesn't sound normal to me.

I'd be getting back to your surgeon if I was you.

All the best!