Sign in to follow this  
Irene B

Clothes

Has anyone brought new clothes before they could fit in to them since their surgery.  

As most of my "smaller" clothes are in storage and impossible to find I decided that I will just pick up things from Vinnies, etc but that I wouldn't buy them until they actually fit.  I went to Vinnies with my Mum the other day and I couldn't help myself, I brought a pair of JAG jeans in a size 16 in great condition for $1.  Bargain, I couldn't help myself.  I find that I am starting to actually imagining wearing lovely clothes at long last.  

• Like 1

I've thought of buying some stuff in my goal size (6) but I'm too embarrassed to. I have a pair of ripped faded jeans from Supre in size XS and I refuse to bin them because I desperately want to wear them again one day. I have a variety of sizes here in bags but as I start shrinking I plan on going crazy buying stuff as long as it's cheap. 

I have a stunning wiggle dress from Wheels and Dollbaby - probably around a size 12.  I've been looking at it longingly for the past 4 years!  13kg to go and that baby better be ready to wear!!

• Like 2

Op Shops are your best friend when you are in the weight losing period!  Also, doing clothes swaps with friends :) .

Unfortunately I've put on weight since I've been really sick for the last 7 months, and have given away clothes in the size I now need *duh*! 

Denzel,  Yes, I think Op shops will be my best friend in the losing period and as my other smaller sizes are in storage sadly, I will be heading to them for the most part to find new bottoms particularly.  Sucks that you've been sick enough to actually put weight back on and what a pain that you don't have some of your old stuff to utilize in the meantime.  I am sure you will be back on track soon, all the best to you.

Fat2Fit, I had to google what a "wiggle" dress was.  Gorgeous.  You will have to post a photo of yourself in that dress when you reach goal.  You have done so well in such a short period of time.  I have only just started and have lost 4.6kg in 15days and overall I am down over 15kg, so I am happy with that so far.  I am a 53yrs old and 166cm tall and my goal is to fit comfortably into a size 10-12.  I have a very old (over 32yrs old) pair of Lee jeans in a size 9 that I just adored, I don't anticipate that I will get back in to them and I'm not bothered about that, but I do have a beautiful black and white CUE suit, size 12,  that I absolutely loved and am hopeful that I will fit back in to again.

Bogan, half you luck having such a variety of sizes ready to go.  I will mainly stick with the Op Shops in the weight loss phase I think, unless of course I score a bargain on something that I really really want.  I will do my best to be patient.  Good luck with getting back in to those jeans Bogan.