New girl

No loss . I want to feel good too

I'm week 4 post sleeve. This week i lost 1kg Another fail but I swear I have followed everything on diet and not broken once.  I don't have nausea and never vomited so little discomfort post op. Had my surgery on feb 22 afternoon and caught train home am feb 24 one day I  hospital.  But still I fail was 111kg preop and 105 now . My surgeon just says it will come off. This sucks.

Paid 5400 plus hospital excess 500 total loss since surgery  6kg in 3.5 weeks WHY . I really just wanted to feel good like everyone else . It never occure d to me that this would happen Any help would be so appreciated.thankyou 

Edited by New girl
Spelling

You haven't failed!!! Please be kind to yourself!

You're 10 kg down from pre-op, that's a great achievement.

Weight loss isn't a linear thing, in fact most of us have a little stall around the 4 and 7 week mark, and you lost a kg this week.  Think how happy you would have been a year ago to lose a kg in a week!

All the best

:) .

• Like 1

Thankyou . Sadly only 6kg but that's the best  i can do.  

Thankyou . Sadly only 6kg but that's the best  i can do.  

You are getting there! You have averaged over 2 kgs/week, that's phenomenal! 

• Like 1

I am only 16 weeks post op and have plateaued a few times.  It is frustrating but I remind myself that I haven't put the weight on - it is still coming off!  Sometimes very slowly BUT the numbers on the scales are definitely going down.  

Exactly as Denzel says "Be kind to yourself."   The numbers will take care of themselves.  If I had been able to lose 1-2kgs a week, I would never have had to embark on surgery in the first place. Start to work on the inner journey to find acceptance and love of yourself.  I personally have found this the hardest piece.

Congratulations on your weightloss to date, there's more to come :)

• Like 2

Thank you . Today when I needed support so badly you guys really came through and I thank you for that . 

• Like 1

I'm pre surgery just met my surgeon today. Please don't get despondent. You are already down and the scales will keep going down. I've read that stalls especially early post op are normal. Your body is in shock right now. 

Do not give up and keep your chin up. You've got this. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on going through with a tough and brave decision. My 18 year old daughter had this op on Jan 11 this year and she has just finally began to not regret the decision. She has now plateaued and has only  lost about 1kg in about 2 weeks. That said, she hasn’t gained any and is comforted by the fact that she isn’t gaining weight anymore and knows that the weight will come off. I keep reminding her about the “long game” not the short one where you lose an unsustainable amount of weight in a short period and spend the rest of your time fighting to stop it from creeping back on. I remind her that the long game is slow, sustainable weight loss while reorganizing her lifestyle and choices. She is set on being able to wear a beautiful dress for her 21st. That’s 3 years away, but what a goal!  

I guess I wanted to suggest some alternative ways of thinking that the “long game” way of thinking offers. Keep in touch with people in this community, it can give you strength when you need it, resonance, to remind you that you’re not alone and comfort in knowing that you are on the right track xxx

Renee

• Like 4

thankyou so much for the encouragement . We will be there for you if you need it. 

I'm pre surgery just met my surgeon today. Please don't get despondent. You are already down and the scales will keep going down. I've read that stalls especially early post op are normal. Your body is in shock right now. 

Do not give up and keep your chin up. You've got this. 

Congratulations on going through with a tough and brave decision. My 18 year old daughter had this op on Jan 11 this year and she has just finally began to not regret the decision. She has now plateaued and has only  lost about 1kg in about 2 weeks. That said, she hasn’t gained any and is comforted by the fact that she isn’t gaining weight anymore and knows that the weight will come off. I keep reminding her about the “long game” not the short one where you lose an unsustainable amount of weight in a short period and spend the rest of your time fighting to stop it from creeping back on. I remind her that the long game is slow, sustainable weight loss while reorganizing her lifestyle and choices. She is set on being able to wear a beautiful dress for her 21st. That’s 3 years away, but what a goal!  

I guess I wanted to suggest some alternative ways of thinking that the “long game” way of thinking offers. Keep in touch with people in this community, it can give you strength when you need it, resonance, to remind you that you’re not alone and comfort in knowing that you are on the right track xxx

Renee

Thankyou renee. You have a very lucky daughter . Some very sensible advice that I will remember when those bad days are hanging around. I have also decided to stay away from the scales, they are not my friend . I think once a week or fortnight will have to do. Best of luck to your daughter and her new life.

• Like 2

Weeks 3-5 were bad for me and I lost NOTHING in that time and asked myself the same question, all that money spent and struggling with eating so little and I lost NOTHING. I actually ended up trying to drink a little less (I was drinking nearly 3 lts per day) and eating a little more and bobs your uncle off we went again. I even had some "naughty things" around week 5-7 and maybe that was enough to convince my body, that I had not actually cut my throat and it was going to be fed a little more normally and that allowed the weight loss to kick in again. My worst weeks have been zero loss and the most in any one week was 2.5kg, but 1kg per week has been the norm. I started the Optifast at 136kgs in early Oct and now at 102.8kg.  

If you averaged 1 kg per week and you came back here in 20 weeks and were able to report you had lost 26kgs in total, would you be happy?

• Like 1

The answer to that question is yes.

I'm really amazed at how wonderful everyone is here.  I have learnt that I need to be patient and this is a journey. 

Thankyou all SOOO  much.  

Bye the way you have all done so well you are an inspiration.