Sign in to follow this  
Boganlicious

All systems go!

I had my consult yesterday and was so impressed. What a lovely man. Very honest a straight shooter but kind. 

Move been given the choice of sleeve or SIPS bypass. I am going the SIPS as he feels the weight loss would be greater for me and he said I have 50kgs to lose (I want to lose approx 60 or just over 60kgs). I have enough super without draining the account. I'm off the have my marriage certificate copy certified today so I can change the name on my account to my married name. I'm going to the gp to fill in my paperwork as soon as I get mine back from the surgeon. 

I've read my book from the surgeon and taken a lot in. I will re read it a few more times though. Can I just say how excited I am for this huge change. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about it. My mum doesn't want me to have it done. My husband's away working ATM so we talk when we can due to the time difference. I've been trying to make changes already long term healthy ones eg sushi for lunch (yes I know carb heavy) rather than grabbing something fried. I know my entire diet will change and carbs are restricted. No alcohol until I'm at goal weight. No more diet soft drink so I have to change my alcoholic drink of choice. No red meat or pork for the first 4 months post surgery. 

I'm ready for this. 

• Like 4

Yay!  Good on you! All systems go! You won't know yourself in a year! 

Not sure where the no red meat or pork for 4/12 came from?  My favorouite meal post-op for both the puree and mushies stage was based on a mince recipe from the Sally Johnson book.

I still had diet tonic water pre- and post op, only given it up 'cos I drank so much of it that it eroded my teeth!

Just for interest, white rice has the same effect on your blood sugar levels as sugar. http://blog.johnsonmemorial.org/5-foods-that-surprisingly-spike-your-blood-sugar-level 

All the best,

:) 

• Like 1

Soda water, etc is ok. It's diet soft drink that is artificially sweetened eg Pepsi max, Diet Coke, etc he doesn't want me having as he said it has a bad effect on the body. I also heard that from someone else as well. I don't know why no red meat or pork for 4 months, maybe he has found it's too heavy for some patients. I can live with chicken, turkey and seafood. Oh and beans, legumes if they don't cause me problems. 

The hardest thing for me will be not being allowed coffee for the week prior to surgery. Also post surgery de card is recommended but not sure for how long. I am hoping weight loss will give me natural energy. Oh I'm excited. Scared yes a bit mainly because it's surgery and any type of surgery makes me nervous but so happy for this change. 

• Like 2

Way to go!  Congrats on finally getting somewhere with this one.

Weight loss surgery was the best choice I have made in a bloody long time - no more hiding behind the camera, no more big, baggy clothes, no more wasted years!!

• Like 3

I actually know 3 people having weight loss surgery. 2 as public patients but it has taken them 2 years of waiting. The 3rd is also accessing super for the gap. I just couldn't wait any longer. 

• Like 2

I actually know 3 people having weight loss surgery. 2 as public patients but it has taken them 2 years of waiting. The 3rd is also accessing super for the gap. I just couldn't wait any longer. 

I am so happy for you that you are finally getting there! Yay!

And you are so positive, and looking forward to your new life!

If you haven't already, maybe you could start a blog on here? Makes a good journal for you of your journey, and the rest of us can see how your'e going :) .  You'll be the first on here having this sort of bypass!  

Edited by denzel
  • Like 2

What a great idea to start a bit of a blog here. I don't know anyone who has had this procedure . A wonderful new life awaits you. 

• Like 2