Sign in to follow this  
Irene B

I've stalled, please tell me this is normal

I've stalled and only just after 3.5 weeks after surgery.  I have now been in this stall for about a week and a half, going up or down 100 to 200 grams at a time.  Honestly it has made me feel like rubbish.  I just can't believe that I have stalled so soon after surgery and I feel embarrassed about it.  I have been super busy and so haven't been as good with my water and I am still have issues with constipation (I think that is finally working it's way out at last).  I can't believe that I can eat so little and not be able to drop weight.  I have wondered if it was just psychological as I am just under a kilo until I hit my first goal of 99.9.  Has anyone else had this happen and if you did what did you do to kick off to weight loss again?

• Like 1

Do not panic and do not start doubting yourself. It is perfectly normal to have regular stalls in weight loss at all stages of your weight loss journey. As someone advised me early in my journey 100 - 400g can be as simple as not emptying your bowels for a day.  Having a plateau early on is common too. There are dozens of posts from members who have had exactly the same experience and gone on to lose massive amounts of weight. Hang in there, keep following your surgeon’s and dietitian’s advice and get ready to celebrate when your weight starts dropping again.

Molly

• Like 1

Absolutely totally normal!  I had a stall around that time as well.  Remember - weight loss is not a linear thing.

:) 

• Like 1

Hi Irene, I am at exactly the same stage and have stalled on the scales too (for about 5 days now - am 4 weeks PO)!! But I was just thinking this morning when my scales didn't give me the lift they've been giving practically EVERY DAY!!, that there are some other things to remind me I'm on track - the sleeve itself, and the portion sizes, and the changes in my physical form, also I've been monitoring my carb intake and focusing on protein. In the olden days I just had calories, scales and guilt! Hang in there, we've got lots of other boxes we can tick to reassure us we're doing it right, the scales will start behaving again soon xx

• Like 2

hi guys 

i was sleeved in October and have finally experienced my first stall. Since mid Feb i have only lost 1.5kg and for the last 2 weeks the scales have not moved. its a bit disheartening but i am really trying to focus on the fact that i have nearly lost 30kg and i would never have done that if i didn't get the sleeve. NO REGRETS 

i am going to see my dietitian next week and hopefully we can come up with a plan to kick start me back into gear.

if anyone else has any advice or a similar story i would love to hear it...

I have been exactly (down to 0.1kg) the same weight for 9 days in a row! No up, no down, exactly the same! Scales literally not moving! Wonder what's going on in there. Fortunately I still feel like my body is changing, otherwise I would be pretty frustrated

Don't panic! Folks, weight loss is not linear! The weight WILL come off! 

Hi All

Thank you for all of the feed back.  I finally have had a .3kg weight loss today. It really does feel like my body is adjusting to all of the weight loss and I have been trying to focus on that.  I actually threw out three pairs of shorts that I usually only wore down the paddock.  They were already pretty loose before WLS, but I was constantly pulling them up and rolling the tops down to keep them up, finally I just gave up and am now wearing my good shorts that are also loose, but much more acceptable.  It won't be much longer before it will be too cold to wear them anyway, so I'll just put up with them in the meantime and buy all new ones next summer, yay.  I have noticed how much longer all of my tops are now and it feels great.  I am hoping this is the end of my current stall and that it is onwards and downwards. 

Thankyou to you all for making this just "normal".  I must admit that it was doing my head in a bit, even though I tried hard not to think about it.  Thanks again

• Like 1