zaruse

May 2018 sleevers and bypassians

On 10/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, Boganlicious said:

I've hit a huge milestone. 40kgs gone!

Whoo hoo!! This is awesome!! Well done!

like you I’ve still got a long way to go- sub 20kgs now but the goal doesn’t seem quite as impossible now as it did before. 

My arms are pretty floppy but I don’t really care (flop is better than flab!)

My legs are ok, but my tum, where I carry most of my weight is still pretty big, although getting better. I think I’m going to need a tummy tuck. Which is terrifying and also kindof awesome. 

I didn’t know PHI can cover plastic though? Interesting. I had plans on a trip to Thailand... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zaruse said:

Whoo hoo!! This is awesome!! Well done!

like you I’ve still got a long way to go- sub 20kgs now but the goal doesn’t seem quite as impossible now as it did before. 

My arms are pretty floppy but I don’t really care (flop is better than flab!)

My legs are ok, but my tum, where I carry most of my weight is still pretty big, although getting better. I think I’m going to need a tummy tuck. Which is terrifying and also kindof awesome. 

I didn’t know PHI can cover plastic though? Interesting. I had plans on a trip to Thailand... 

Yes they do if you meet the criteria. You must have lost 5 bmi points. I have a hernia also so that helps me with meeting their criteria. 

On 10/8/2018 at 8:54 PM, Boganlicious said:

Yes they do if you meet the criteria. You must have lost 5 bmi points. I have a hernia also so that helps me with meeting their criteria. 

Only 5 BMI? I’ve done about 16 already!! 

I'm curious WHY DO WE HAVE TO USE OPTIFAST WHY NOT OPTI SLIM... Everywhere i went optifast was much dearer

1 hour ago, zaruse said:

Only 5 BMI? I’ve done about 16 already!! 

15.4 bmi points for me 

• Like 1

It’s been a little while since I checked in but so happy to see both @zaruse and @Boganlicious doing so well!!!!

i hit a milestone this week. I’m now in the 70’s (79.5) which is a 35kg loss since May 2018. I’m only 4.5kgs away from the top of my goal banding (72-75kgs). I can’t believe it!!!

well done ladies, I’ll try to check in more regularly. 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2018 at 3:30 PM, Boganlicious said:

15.4 bmi points for me 

I went from 35 BMI at my all-time heaviest to 17.something at my all-time skinniest,  (approx 18 BMI  difference, no wonder I looked like a prune!).   The pics are on my blog.  (and I am a lot older, and have had many more years gaining/loosing weight, and my poor skin simply couldn't stretch and retract anymore) .

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 10:19 PM, LosingKAL said:

@zaruse@Boganlicious I hit a milestone this week. I’m now in the 70’s (79.5) which is a 35kg loss since May 2018. I’m only 4.5kgs away from the top of my goal banding (72-75kgs). I can’t believe it!!!

well done ladies, I’ll try to check in more regularly. 

Well done and congratulations @LosingKAL !  Particularly since you have had a gastric band - IMHO these, re management of the individual with them, would be more difficult for those folk with them than those of us with a sleeve gastrectomy/bypass/ variations on a bypass.

Kudos to you!

:)

Six month surgiversary today! 

Start weight: 134.9

current weight: 89.2

total weight loss (6 months since surgery plus 2 weeks Opti) 45.7kg

had my 6month catch up with surgeon a couple of weeks ago, all my bloods are fantastic. From a health point of view, I can be ‘done’ with losing weight, but I think I’ve still got another 10 to 15 to go.

Feeling so good!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boganlicious said:

I have now lost 46kgs. I'm 72.1kgs. Feeling pleased. 

That is awesome!! 

What was your end goal? You must pretty much be there by now!! 

5 hours ago, Boganlicious said:

I have now lost 46kgs. I'm 72.1kgs. Feeling pleased. 

How many weeks or months total now 

6 hours ago, zaruse said:

That is awesome!! 

What was your end goal? You must pretty much be there by now!! 

55kgs end goal. So close! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigm666 said:

How many weeks or months total now 

Surgery was May 17th. I will be 6 months next Saturday. 

6 months and 46kgs but is that including pre op weight loss? Still that's great roughly 8kgs a month. Definitely can't complain.. What's your routine like in terms of exercise and diet do you still take protein shakes. Tnx 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigm666 said:

6 months and 46kgs but is that including pre op weight loss? Still that's great roughly 8kgs a month. Definitely can't complain.. What's your routine like in terms of exercise and diet do you still take protein shakes. Tnx 

Yes it includes 3 weeks pre Optifast. I get most of my exercise at work climbing stairs and I do minimum 10000 steps. I drink protein water. I have only just started thinking about exercise. I went for my first run last week and was pleased with how far I could jog non stop. I also did some hand weights. I had a body scan today and was pleased with my muscle mass and body fat percentage. Body fat 30.3% and the target range for females it said 20 - 30%. I'm 72.1kgs at home. I was 73kgs there. Visceral fat was in acceptable range. I still want to reduce it further. Im hoping to get to 55kgs but also build muscle. I don't want to be skinny fat. 

• Like 2

How are you feeling about your skin @Boganlicious?

im finding mine to be wrinkly in strange places!  Eg the little flabby bit just in front of armpit- I have no idea what to do about that!! Tried on a strapless dress the other day- looked good (if I may say so) but the flappy bit... urg! 

28 minutes ago, zaruse said:

im finding mine to be wrinkly in strange places!  Eg the little flabby bit just in front of armpit- I have no idea what to do about that!! Tried on a strapless dress the other day- looked good (if I may say so) but the flappy bit... urg! 

Yes! I have that wrinkly bit there too! I'm planning a lot of plastic surgery in 2 stages. 360 body lift, breast work, arm reduction, thigh lift with lipo. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zaruse said:

I have loose flesh bulging out of my bra under my arms .  I could do with an upper body lift.

I have already had a "360" (abdominoplasty + belt lipectomy)  and arm lifts.  I need thigh lifts as the flesh "tsunamis" around when I am walking - and I am a fast walker  - which is uncomfortable.  But I need a good win on the Lotto to get this done.  I would also like to have a breast lift, but this is lower in priority than my thighs.

At my heaviest I had a BMI of 35.X, and at my post-sleeve/gastric infection lightest a BMI of 17.X.  So a drop of 18 BMI.

If you want to read about my plastic reconstructive surgery check out my blog.  Please be warned - it contains graphic pics.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, denzel said:

I have loose flesh bulging out of my bra under my arms .  I could do with an upper body lift.

I have already had a "360" (abdominoplasty + belt lipectomy)  and arm lifts.  I need thigh lifts as the flesh "tsunamis" around when I am walking - and I am a fast walker  - which is uncomfortable.  But I need a good win on the Lotto to get this done.  I would also like to have a breast lift, but this is lower in priority than my thighs.

At my heaviest I had a BMI of 35.X, and at my post-sleeve/gastric infection lightest a BMI of 17.X.  So a drop of 18 BMI.

If you want to read about my plastic reconstructive surgery check out my blog.  Please be warned - it contains graphic pics.

Thanks @denzel!

i have seen your pics, the transformation is amazing!

ive suggested the idea of a tummy tuck/breast lift to my DH a number of times, saying I’d go on a holiday to Thailand... but he is not so keen. 

I’m keen to see how everything evens out after I get to my goal weight  (10-13kgs away!!) and if my skin bounces back at all. My tum apron and boobs are a lost cause, although they can be ‘tucked’ away under clothing! 

And for those playing at home- I’m psyched to say I tried on size 16 dresses at fancy shops on the weekend and THEY FIT!!! So exited! 

• Like 2

Just wanted to update I'm 200 grams away from losing 50kgs. That's an entire person! I'm down to 68.3kgs as posted in weigh in Wednesday and couldn't be happier. My little boy recently turned 1 (how time flies) and I'm so happy with the photos taken at his party. I didn't have anything to pick apart except my weird facial expression in one of them but I had a good laugh about it.

I was 6 months post op on the 17th November. Would love to get down to 55kgs but will see what happens and how I'm feeling. The best part is even though I'm not at goal weight and haven't had my plastic surgery yet I'm just so happy with how I look and for the most part feel comfortable in my skin. My husband is thrilled too. I can't keep his hands off me and of course not just the physical changes that he's attracted to but he loves that I'm happy and confident. How are all the other May people going? 

• Like 3