zaruse

May 2018 sleevers and bypassians

Down 2.2kgs all up this morning. Hope I can lose a lot more pre op to make the op safer. 19 sleeps to go! How's everyone else feeling?

• Like 2

I’m 129.2 as of this morning. Feels good to be in a new ‘10’ but kinda cheated because I was only half way through the last one! 

I’ve been so up and down. As my DH put it ‘full Moon plus pms plus hungry is a disaterous cocktail!’ The poor bloke. I kinda feel sorry for him.

have discovered that a lot of my ‘eating’ wasn’t due to hunger. I find myself in certain situations where I want to eat or snack- but I’m seriously not hungry!  These bad habits are going to be hard to break.

5 sleeps! Need to think about packing.

what are you guys going to take? 

• Like 1

I've got the usual - pjs, track pants, crop tops on the list. A pillow for the ride home. Lip balm and hand cream as I've heard you can dry out. The most important thing on my list? Eyebrow pencil. I have dodgy over plucked eyebrows from the 90s and until I can afford to have them tattooed I don't leave my house without penciling them in. God I probably sound ridiculous but I'm very self conscious of my eyebrows make up free. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I am having my surgery (sleeve) on the 17th May too, @Boganlicious !:)

I was meant to start 3 weeks of Opti last Thurs. Started Friday. Did really well losing 3.5 kg by Wed morning - didn't cheat at all - but today I ate a pie, an apple turnover, and a donut. And drank a large mocha cappuccino! 

It wasn't really cheating as I thought my surgery date was being moved to July, so I figured a carb binge was in order :D. Turns out that DHS had approved my super but forgotten to call me and to provide my letter (#@*#!) so my surgery is definitely all systems go for the 17th May... and I have a belly full of carbs, lol.

I'm hoping my liver will still shrink in the next 14 days if I am very strict with the Optifast again.

I am 170cm tall, I weighed in last Friday at 133.9 kgs, and this morning (pre carb binge) I was 130.4 kgs. Looking forward to cracking the 120's, but after today I think it will take another couple of days. I will be kicking myself in the morning when the scales have gone up!

I only found out at 5pm this arvy that my surgery is definitely in May, so I'm sure my nerves will kick in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all as we go through it together. 

• Like 1

Hello Trillions! hooray for another May person!

i have one sleep left... so excited!

i was 127.5 this morning, 7.4kg all up (down?!) I was aiming for 9, but looks like Ill be shy of my target. 

Seriously hoping it is enough because I’ll be completely devo if it doesn’t happen tomorrow. Not to mention all the phaffing about with leave at work etc.

Im mostly packed and ready. This time tomorrow I’ll be moping about lamenting the fact I have to fast until midday. Bring it on! 

• Like 1

Hi Zaruse!

Eeek, only one more sleep?! I'm excited and nervous for you, lol!  I'm sure it will all go beautifully :)

I can't wait to hear all about it so make sure you pack your phone / tablet / laptop / PC and all associated chargers and devices so you can keep us updated :D

Where abouts are you having your surgery? I'm having mine at the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital with Dr James Askew.

Oh, and I noticed your comment re recipe books - I'm sure most people have probably heard of this one, but just in case you haven't - Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery - looks super awesome. I was reading it in Dr Askew's waiting room, it has soooo much awesome info and really yummy recipes in it. I'm about to buy it online from my dietitian's website.

Good luck tomorrow!! Sending you lots of successful surgery and happy healing vibes.

xx

• Like 2

Hi Trillions, 2 weeks to go! We will have to compare notes. I've lost 4.3kgs so far. Hoping to lose 10kgs all up. 

• Like 1

Hi Boganlicious!

I know, 2 weeks... it's this weird amout of time that is both way too short (because I'm starting to freak out and am not at all prepared for this) and way too long (because this opti-diet is so monotonous).

Well done on the 4.3 kg loss - that is fantastic :) I had a rapid 3 kg in 3 days loss then nothing much since. I'm hoping to see another drop tomorrow as I wanted to lose 13.4 kg in total (10% of my body weight). Probs not realistic, but I'll be happy If I get below 125 kg really. 

Happy optifasting, stay in touch and let me know how you're travelling. I'm flipping between OMG I'M SO EXCITED and OMG WTF AM I DOING? :D

• Like 2

With two weeks to go I kinda just wanted to be put in a coma... I can’t  stand waiting! 

But it goes super quickly, I promise.

just had my last pre-op Opti. They said I could eat before 6am, but no way- I’m going to have a sleep in! 

Thank you for your positive wishes @trillions xoxo

Sounds like you guys are both on track with the loss- yay! I’ve averaged out at about half a kg a day- which is awesome considering I haven’t increased my activity. At all. Lol

• Like 3

It’s great that you have the support of each other as you begin your weigh loss journey. 

Zaruse, best wishes for tomorrow and please keep us updated with your life post surgery.

Molly

• Like 2

Hey everyone,  I just found this forum and register today. 

I will have my sleeve surgery on 09/May at Epworth Eastern, Box Hill, Victoria by Dr. Patrick Moore.  I am on optifast Pre-OP.  Only lost 3kg so far, too bad,  because of my bad control.  My target is 97kg on the surgery day.

Can't wait for the changes and wish me good luck.

43 yr old female Asian, will turn 44 after surgery

Height: 164cm

Heaviest Weight: 104.2 kg

Goal Weight: 64 kg

Start Weight (Optifast Pre-Op): 104 kg

Current Weight: 101.1 kg

Aim to lose: 40 kg

Loss so far:  - 2.9 kg during pre-op

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Boganlicious said:

Welcome back2normal. Your op will be here before you know it. 

Thanks for your reply,  Boganlicious!

I just noticed your op day is on 17/May, which is my birthday!  You will definitely have a good luck on my birthday!  :D

• Like 2

Op day! I’m waiting, waiting. Tummy is grumbling- I haven’t had anything since an Opti shake at about 7pm last night.

8.2kg lost on Opti. Feeling good. A bit jittery but happy and excited. 

Will check back in after.

and welcome to the mAy team @back2normal !

• Like 2

Good luck Zaruse!!! Will be thinking of you!! Can't wait to hear all about it. xx

Hi backtonormal! OMG not long for you now either!! 

I'm at uni at the moment, will reply properly tonight, but welcome xx

7 hours ago, trillions said:

Hi backtonormal! OMG not long for you now either!! 

I'm at uni at the moment, will reply properly tonight, but welcome xx

Thanks Trillions!   You are also going to have surgery on my birthday, it is must be a lucky day! 

Happy to meet all of you here, let's support each other!

Anyway, 80kg's loss is a lot!  :o

• Like 1

Hey Back2normal!

I hope your birthday is a super lucky day for Boganlicious and me, and for you too :)

80 kgs is massive amount to lose, and I may not get back down to 57 kgs, but that was how much I weighed in my 30s and I really would love to get back to there.  

How are you finding the Optifast diet? It won't be long until you're back in double figures! You're very close to the magic 99 kgs. 

Hey @zaruse,

I hope you are having a lovely rest after a perfect procedure and don't have much pain at all. 

Sending healing vibes your way xx

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, trillions said:

Hey Back2normal!

I hope your birthday is a super lucky day for Boganlicious and me, and for you too :)

80 kgs is massive amount to lose, and I may not get back down to 57 kgs, but that was how much I weighed in my 30s and I really would love to get back to there.  

How are you finding the Optifast diet? It won't be long until you're back in double figures! You're very close to the magic 99 kgs. 

I was 49kg after high school and 53kg after university.  I was 64kg when came to Australia in 2002.  I guess the foods and PCOS to add 40kg on my weight, sad.  :( 

Optitast diet goes not as what I expected, weight 100.9 this morning, lost 3.1kg so far, because I still can not reject the temptation of meat & egg, even a little amount slows down my weight loss.  I am a bad bad dieter.  Anyway, I force myself to stop all the meat & egg from today, only optifast, vege and strawberry. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 

I think the op went well, I’ve not seen the surgeon yet.

was in a lot of pain last night, but we are a bit more on top of it now. 

Whoever said this was an ‘easy way out’ was dead wrong.

feeling sleepy but ok. 

• Like 2

Hey I just had sleeve done on Wednesday 2nd May. I must admit I’m just so excited. The lead up was hard the two weeks on optifast. As soon as I got through the first week I was fine. My dietician did tell me if I got hungry in between just have something small (protein based) like meat. 

So surgery day came and I guess I was nervous in general as it’s a pretty big operation and I have 4 boys under 10. But I woke up. None of the pain relief they gave me like tremadol was working so they put me on a morphine box and I could just press the button every 5 minutes which worked a treat. 

Went home the day after and was very Nauseous it was awful so that lasted 2 days and I just kept walking around my house to get rid of the gas they pump your belly full of. 

Today is day 3 and I’m having like 50ml of a shake for breakie and lunch and about 40ml of soup (tin soups I’ve watered down). Energy is coming back and just have to remember small sips of water and fluid and keep moving often as it helps with stiffness. 

Beat of luck. I was so worried I’d made a mistake with how sick I felt day 2 but no it’s just a hurdle from anesthetic all will be absolutely fantastic. 

• Like 1

@zaruse you made it to the other side!! Well done! I hope you are starting to feel much better soon xx

@LA_Way congratulations on making it out the other side! It sounds like you had a rough few days... how are you feeling when that 50 mls of shake hits your belly? 

• Like 1

How's the weightloss going @Boganlicious? I haven't lost a single effing gram since Tuesday. I have stuck to the preop diet like glue and every morning I get so excited to weigh myself expecting the weight loss to have kicked in again, but nada. I'm starting to get really despondent. I have a dietitian appointment on Tuesday morning so I'll be asking her what I can do. 

The only thing I'm struggling with is drinking 2 litres of water, but I come close if I don't quite get there. I dont have much of an appetite anymore, so hunger's not an issue.