zaruse

May 2018 sleevers and bypassians

22 minutes ago, trillions said:

I haven't lost a single effing gram since Tuesday. I have stuck to the preop diet like glue and every morning I get so excited to weigh myself expecting the weight loss to have kicked in again, but nada. I'm starting to get really despondent. I have a dietitian appointment on Tuesday morning so I'll be asking her what I can do. 

The only thing I'm struggling with is drinking 2 litres of water, but I come close if I don't quite get there. I dont have much of an appetite anymore, so hunger's not an issue.

Check out the Woosh Effect :) 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, trillions said:

@zaruse you made it to the other side!! Well done! I hope you are starting to feel much better soon xx

@LA_Way congratulations on making it out the other side! It sounds like you had a rough few days... how are you feeling when that 50 mls of shake hits your belly? 

Thanks @trillions it was a rough few days but as soon as I got some opti in my belly it’s like a was getting better. Rather then just water I was starting to get a bit more nutrients. 

It took a few days on the Pre op to lose a few kgs .... but my surgeon assured me it’s not about losing weight on pre op, it is purely to shrink your liver. So just don’t even bother weighing yourself. Keep your positivity about the over all situation. I purposely only weighed myself as I began optifast and then I got weighed going into surgery so it was cool not to know. I’m one of those people that every time I go into bathroom stand on scales. So morning, night etc. I know I shouldn’t because it’s long term. Can’t wait to hear how you go

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zaruse said:

Hi everyone! 

I think the op went well, I’ve not seen the surgeon yet.

was in a lot of pain last night, but we are a bit more on top of it now. 

Whoever said this was an ‘easy way out’ was dead wrong.

feeling sleepy but ok. 

Hey I had my sleeve on Wednesday so I’m on day 3. It has been darn hard and not an easy way out. I was so nauseous and felt like death. Coming out pretty good now that I can get nutrients into me with soup and opti. And I’m getting up and walking around the house a bit to keep moving so the stiffness has lightened heaps 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, denzel said:

Check out the Woosh Effect :) 

Thanks @denzel! I just watched the vid... I wish the bloody whoosh would hurry up! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trillions said:

How's the weightloss going @Boganlicious? I haven't lost a single effing gram since Tuesday. I have stuck to the preop diet like glue and every morning I get so excited to weigh myself expecting the weight loss to have kicked in again, but nada. I'm starting to get really despondent. I have a dietitian appointment on Tuesday morning so I'll be asking her what I can do. 

The only thing I'm struggling with is drinking 2 litres of water, but I come close if I don't quite get there. I dont have much of an appetite anymore, so hunger's not an issue.

No good I've gained back a little. Maybe I was dehydrated or could be pms. 

• Like 1

And I've lost it again but not lost any extra. 

Scales do some weird things. I just need to focus and persevere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boganlicious said:

And I've lost it again but not lost any extra. 

Scales do some weird things. I just need to focus and persevere. 

That's good! At least it's gone back down. I seriously thought today was gonna be my 'whoosh effect' day, but alas I am exactly the same weight I have been all week. I'm not stressing about it anymore, though. It's going to have to shift eventually!

• Like 2

@LA_Waywell done on getting home so soon! My bypass was done late on Friday night, and I am only just starting to feel a tiny bit better. Might go home tonight or maybe tomorrow. I’m torn because I just want to sleep in my own bed, but I also like being surrounded by experts here. 

The bad news? They weighed me yesterday (standard Sunday procedure) and I’ve put on 1.2kgs!!! I’m sure it is all fluid- my tummy has never felt bigger. 

Zero appetite so far, but forcing down liquids- juice and some sustagen because I need the energy.

how is everyone going on Opti? 

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're doing well Zaruse. 

Surviving Opti it's getting slightly better, im not as hungry. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 12:19 PM, trillions said:

Hi Zaruse!

Eeek, only one more sleep?! I'm excited and nervous for you, lol!  I'm sure it will all go beautifully :)

I can't wait to hear all about it so make sure you pack your phone / tablet / laptop / PC and all associated chargers and devices so you can keep us updated :D

Where abouts are you having your surgery? I'm having mine at the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital with Dr James Askew.

Oh, and I noticed your comment re recipe books - I'm sure most people have probably heard of this one, but just in case you haven't - Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery - looks super awesome. I was reading it in Dr Askew's waiting room, it has soooo much awesome info and really yummy recipes in it. I'm about to buy it online from my dietitian's website.

Good luck tomorrow!! Sending you lots of successful surgery and happy healing vibes.

xx

Hi @trillions

I have just joined this forum.  I also live on the Sunny Coast and am booked for my sleeve on Monday 21st May at Buderim Private.  Scary and exciting at the same time!

I start Opti tomorrow for 11 days so this should be interesting.  I am looking forward to the changes.

You and I are similar in the sense that we are both 44 (well, I will be 44 in June) and we are both the same height.  I weigh 114kgs and my goal with my Dr is actually 75kgs.  I have not been that weight since I was about 18 years old.  I have never been in the 60's since my early teenage years.

I am looking forward to following your journey as a fellow Sunshine Coasty!

Cheers

KAL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosingKAL said:

Hi @trillions

I have just joined this forum.  I also live on the Sunny Coast and am booked for my sleeve on Monday 21st May at Buderim Private.  Scary and exciting at the same time!

I start Opti tomorrow for 11 days so this should be interesting.  I am looking forward to the changes.

You and I are similar in the sense that we are both 44 (well, I will be 44 in June) and we are both the same height.  I weigh 114kgs and my goal with my Dr is actually 75kgs.  I have not been that weight since I was about 18 years old.  I have never been in the 60's since my early teenage years.

I am looking forward to following your journey as a fellow Sunshine Coasty!

Cheers

KAL

Hi KAL!!

Ohhh, you are only 4 days after me! I'll be sure to give you regular updates :)

Are you seeing Dr Baxter? I was originally referred to him but he couldn't fit me in around my uni schedule. 

Good luck with your optifast, 11 days isn't too long. I'm on day 11 of 21 (well, 20... I started a day late!). It's not so bad. I'm not having any issues with hunger, and I feel fine.

Maybe we could catch up for a cuppa one day and compare notes :)

@trillions

Yes, 4 days after you.  I cannot believe it is coming up so fast!  I literally only saw Dr Baxter 2 weeks ago and BAM I am booked and ready for surgery.

I will absolutely follow your progress and when we are back up and running again, we can catch up for a cuppa (or whatever will fit in our teeny tiny tummies at that point).

What part of the coast do you live in?

KAL

Wow, glad to see May team is growing!

I have 1 more sleep to go.  Weight is just down to 98.4kg this morning.   I had 1700m swimming during lunch time, just keep minimum opti & vege intake.  Hopefully i can manage weight down to 97.5kg tomorrow morning.  With total 6.5kg weight loss for 2 weeks optifast, close to my 7kg target, I am happy with this result.

One more thing is worried me a little bit,  period has been delayed 6 days now, definitely not pregnant, maybe because of weight loss.  Anyway, wish it won't bother me during surgery & hospital stay.

I am ready for the op now, cheers!

25 minutes ago, back2normal said:

Wow, glad to see May team is growing!

I have 1 more sleep to go.  Weight is just down to 98.4kg this morning.   I had 1700m swimming during lunch time, just keep minimum opti & vege intake.  Hopefully i can manage weight down to 97.5kg tomorrow morning.  With total 6.5kg weight loss for 2 weeks optifast, close to my 7kg target, I am happy with this result.

One more thing is worried me a little bit,  period has been delayed 6 days now, definitely not pregnant, maybe because of weight loss.  Anyway, wish it won't bother me during surgery & hospital stay.

I am ready for the op now, cheers!

Hi @back2normal!!

You beat me to it, I was just about to send you a message to see how you are feeling! I am so excited for you!

Oh gosh, the period thing is a pain... I hope it doesn't arrive while you are in hospital but I'd be prepared because it probably will, lol. 

I can't believe you swam 1700 m at lunchtime - that's amazing! 

What time do you have to arrive at the hospital tomorrow? Do you know what time your surgery is? 

Make sure you remember to take some lip balm.. and your phone charger! I look forward to hearing all about it as soon as you are up to it. Wishing you a comfortable, successful, and pain free surgery and sending you super speeding healing vibes. :) xx 

2 hours ago, LosingKAL said:

@trillions

Yes, 4 days after you.  I cannot believe it is coming up so fast!  I literally only saw Dr Baxter 2 weeks ago and BAM I am booked and ready for surgery.

I will absolutely follow your progress and when we are back up and running again, we can catch up for a cuppa (or whatever will fit in our teeny tiny tummies at that point).

What part of the coast do you live in?

KAL

I'm actually up near Gympie, but I study at USC so I'm down on the coast quite a bit :)

48 minutes ago, trillions said:

Hi @back2normal!!

You beat me to it, I was just about to send you a message to see how you are feeling! I am so excited for you!

Oh gosh, the period thing is a pain... I hope it doesn't arrive while you are in hospital but I'd be prepared because it probably will, lol. 

I can't believe you swam 1700 m at lunchtime - that's amazing! 

What time do you have to arrive at the hospital tomorrow? Do you know what time your surgery is? 

Make sure you remember to take some lip balm.. and your phone charger! I look forward to hearing all about it as soon as you are up to it. Wishing you a comfortable, successful, and pain free surgery and sending you super speeding healing vibes. :) xx 

Thanks @trillions!!

I am working from home today, it's easy to go to gym for swimming during lunch time.  :P

I was asked to go to hospital at 7:00am and operation is scheduled 9:30am. 

Thanks for reminding me for lip balm, I didn't realize it all.  I have prepared all other things charger and power bank in case. will update you once I come back home. :D

• Like 1

Good luck @back2normal you will be just fine! Plus you won’t even feel the pre-surgery fast!! 

and yes, definitely need a good hydrating lip balm. 

I’ve been thinking about any tips I could share... so:

dont be scared to ask for pain relief- and lots of it. Obvs don’t take more than you need, but you don’t get any points for suffering through or holding out. 

Same as above for nausea! 

I was surprised by how lacklustre I was - I couldn’t even be bothered to watch tv.

First full day at home and I’m feeling pretty good. Have drank as much water as I can but I haven’t ‘eaten’ much. Split one optifast shake over two meals, and have mixed half a massel stock cube with water to make a broth... oh, and a berocca with some benefibre. Might have eaten a fair bit after all! 

We need to update our original list! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zaruse said:

Good luck @back2normal you will be just fine! Plus you won’t even feel the pre-surgery fast!! 

and yes, definitely need a good hydrating lip balm. 

I’ve been thinking about any tips I could share... so:

dont be scared to ask for pain relief- and lots of it. Obvs don’t take more than you need, but you don’t get any points for suffering through or holding out. 

Same as above for nausea! 

I was surprised by how lacklustre I was - I couldn’t even be bothered to watch tv. 

First full day at home and I’m feeling pretty good. Have drank as much water as I can but I haven’t ‘eaten’ much. Split one optifast shake over two meals, and have mixed half a massel stock cube with water to make a broth... oh, and a berocca with some benefibre. Might have eaten a fair bit after all! 

We need to update our original list! 

Thanks @zaruse for your sharing, you are life saver!  I have already done shopping last weekend, got Nature Way's Instant Protein ready for HPF drink for the first 14 days, as well as Women's multi-vitamin vita gummies.   I will get some berocca and benefibre when I feel better. 

Just finished packing bag for 2 nights stay in hospital.  Still can't believe this is really happen.  OK, I will say I am ready now.

Hope all your people best of luck, get successful surgery and get well soon!  As all of you are truly helpful!  Let's continue to share and support each other!  :lol: xx

• Like 1

Good Luck today @back2normal

Hey, I am using Formulite for the VCLD pre op but wanted to ask if anyone has any flavour preference for Opti?  Any to stick well clear of??

The pre op begins today!!!  11 days until surgery!

KAL

Good luck today @back2normal big gentle hugs xoxo

hi @LosingKAL my faves are the coffee and chocolate- esp the chocolate dessert (mixed then frozen for an hour or so- it’s like frozen mousse!). The choc coated berry bars are good too, once you are hungry enough!  The chai is kinda spicy, but still sweet.  

I absolutely HATE the soups, and refuse to eat them. 

guess what everyone?! As of this morning I’ve lost 10.7kg!!! Huzzah! 

• Like 3

Hi @zaruse

Is that 10.7 kgs since surgery?  Well done in any case!  I cannot wait to start shifting this weight!!!

Here is a silly question for everyone (well, mainly the ladies but who am I to assume).....

Did you have to remove your acrylic nails if you have them for the surgery?  I have read some people say yes and some no.  Perhaps it is a doctor by Doctor thing?  Just curious :)

47 minutes ago, LosingKAL said:

Here is a silly question for everyone (well, mainly the ladies but who am I to assume).....

Did you have to remove your acrylic nails if you have them for the surgery?  I have read some people say yes and some no.  Perhaps it is a doctor by Doctor thing?  Just curious :)

Traditionally for operations no nail polish was allowed as the Anaesthetist might want to look at the nail beds as an indication of oxygenation.  I don't know about these days, probably best to give your Anaesthetic  - or Surgeon's rooms a ring.

All the best!

:)