zaruse

May 2018 sleevers and bypassians

I'm scared my surgery is going to be Cancelled. I have a very slight cold and now I'm stressing out. 

50 minutes ago, Boganlicious said:

I'm scared my surgery is going to be Cancelled. I have a very slight cold and now I'm stressing out. 

Don't stress too much @Boganlicious, I watched a YouTube vid of one woman's sleeve journey and she had a cold and was stressing, too. They did the surgery anyway. I'd give your surgeon's office a quick call and see what they say. If worst comes to worst and you are really sick with the cold they might just postpone it a little. They might be able to swap someone to your spot and fit you in a week or two from now. I doubt you'd go to the end of the queue. xx

Do you know what time your surgery is yet?

7 minutes ago, trillions said:

Don't stress too much @Boganlicious, I watched a YouTube vid of one woman's sleeve journey and she had a cold and was stressing, too. They did the surgery anyway. I'd give your surgeon's office a quick call and see what they say. If worst comes to worst and you are really sick with the cold they might just postpone it a little. They might be able to swap someone to your spot and fit you in a week or two from now. I doubt you'd go to the end of the queue. xx

Do you know what time your surgery is yet?

7am admission for 9am surgery. I'm second on the list. 

4 minutes ago, Boganlicious said:

7am admission for 9am surgery. I'm second on the list. 

I'm 12pm admission for 2:45pm surgery. I'm last on the list! :)

• Like 1

So I called and was told it should be fine but the anaesthetist will make the call on the day depending on how my airways are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boganlicious said:

So I called and was told it should be fine but the anaesthetist will make the call on the day depending on how my airways are. 

Excellent!!! That's good news. Now clear those airways, girl!

• Like 2

I second what @trillions said- you will be fine miss @Boganlicious

Lots of lemon tea and honey for the next few days. We believe in you! 

• Like 2

I learned a valuable lesson tonight: always ALWAYS eat puréed food from my portion perfection bowl (or my midget bowl as my DH refers to it as).

i cooked up some porcupine balls with extra soup so I could purée easily. Decided to eat from the little container I’d puréed in. I figured there might be 1/2, maybe a tiny bit more in it.  Didn’t finish it, I stopped when I felt full... but damn. My tummy huuuuuuurts. I’ve been for a walk and it is just settling now- was worried I’d unzipped my staples! 

I will not be making the same mistake twice. :angry:  (And I’m cross at myself for being so silly)

• Haha 1

I went to my final doctors appointment today before surgery next Monday!  So exciting.

For anyone who is interested, I can wear acrylics so long as they are a light colour which mine are so thats good.  I have awful nails and would hate to have to take off my acrylics. (First world problems)

I went to the chemist and got a supply of Biotin, hydralite plus the ice blocks in a Kiwi and Strawberry flavour which are really nice!!  I also got all my mini toiletries for my hospital stay and have washed and packed my PJs for the stay.

According to my surgeon's scales, I have already lost 7kgs in the last 3 weeks and considering I only started Opti last Wednesday (and was at my highest weight at that point) that means I actually lost those 7 kgs in the last 5 days which is just nuts!  I cannot see how I will do even close to that in the next 6 days!

@trillions and @Boganlicious you both must be almost beside yourselves with anticipation!  I cannot wait to hear how you both go on Thursday!  

@zaruse that is absolutely something I worry about.  I have never been a massive over eater, I just eat the wrong things and more tend to not eat.  I am worried that I will get so worried about eating that I will not eat.  Already in this Opti stage I have been skipping meals.  Not intentionally, just because I am not that hungry and when I am hungry I tend to drink water rather than potentially reach for the wrong kind of food.  I need to learn new habits very quickly!

Cannot wait until Monday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zaruse said:

I learned a valuable lesson tonight: always ALWAYS eat puréed food from my portion perfection bowl (or my midget bowl as my DH refers to it as).

i cooked up some porcupine balls with extra soup so I could purée easily. Decided to eat from the little container I’d puréed in. I figured there might be 1/2, maybe a tiny bit more in it.  Didn’t finish it, I stopped when I felt full... but damn. My tummy huuuuuuurts. I’ve been for a walk and it is just settling now- was worried I’d unzipped my staples! 

I will not be making the same mistake twice. :angry:  (And I’m cross at myself for being so silly)

Oh no! I shouldn't laugh, but the thought of unzipping your staples made me giggle :D

Thanks for the hint - will be extra careful with measurements!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, LosingKAL said:

I went to my final doctors appointment today before surgery next Monday!  So exciting.

For anyone who is interested, I can wear acrylics so long as they are a light colour which mine are so thats good.  I have awful nails and would hate to have to take off my acrylics. (First world problems)

I went to the chemist and got a supply of Biotin, hydralite plus the ice blocks in a Kiwi and Strawberry flavour which are really nice!!  I also got all my mini toiletries for my hospital stay and have washed and packed my PJs for the stay.

According to my surgeon's scales, I have already lost 7kgs in the last 3 weeks and considering I only started Opti last Wednesday (and was at my highest weight at that point) that means I actually lost those 7 kgs in the last 5 days which is just nuts!  I cannot see how I will do even close to that in the next 6 days!

@trillions and @Boganlicious you both must be almost beside yourselves with anticipation!  I cannot wait to hear how you both go on Thursday!  

@zaruse that is absolutely something I worry about.  I have never been a massive over eater, I just eat the wrong things and more tend to not eat.  I am worried that I will get so worried about eating that I will not eat.  Already in this Opti stage I have been skipping meals.  Not intentionally, just because I am not that hungry and when I am hungry I tend to drink water rather than potentially reach for the wrong kind of food.  I need to learn new habits very quickly!

Cannot wait until Monday!

OMG @LosingKAL 7 kgs is AMAZING! Well done!!

You sound just like me - I'm not a big eater or over eater, I just eat the wrong things and I always skip meals. I am still doing that now (skipping meals) on the opti and STILL not losing weight! I'm not drinking enough water most days, though.

I am getting more nervous and excited by the day... still have tons of stuff to take care of between now and then though. Has all come about so quickly!

@LosingKAL well done!! 7kg is awesome!!!  And I think actually getting to pack for hospital is so exciting- means this whole deal is real AND actually happening :D

yup @trillions apparently I’m a slow learner! Lol feeling tickety-boo this morning. 

TWO SLEEPS!!! 

• Like 1

I'm up for the day so 2 more sleeps! I'm trying to get as much cleaning and preparation done as possible. I keep forgetting things at the shops so have to go back again! I'm having my nails and toenails done today which can't come quick enough as I broke a nail Friday and have been wearing bandaids to hide it. Suitcase is just about packed. Come on Thursday! 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 8:28 AM, Jules said:

Hi

i'm having Sleeve on May 2nd. I'm terrified of the surgery but so excited to get rid of all my weight. I just wish I'd done it years ago.

I'm 160cm and about 105kg now. I'm just preparing for preop diet and have got my multivitamin and calcium. Will need to look for some biotin next for post op hair and skin issues. Good luck with gastroscopy. 

I had mine same day, how are you felling. We can go onto mushie food soon yah

On 5/7/2018 at 9:48 AM, zaruse said:

@LA_Waywell done on getting home so soon! My bypass was done late on Friday night, and I am only just starting to feel a tiny bit better. Might go home tonight or maybe tomorrow. I’m torn because I just want to sleep in my own bed, but I also like being surrounded by experts here. 

The bad news? They weighed me yesterday (standard Sunday procedure) and I’ve put on 1.2kgs!!! I’m sure it is all fluid- my tummy has never felt bigger. 

Zero appetite so far, but forcing down liquids- juice and some sustagen because I need the energy.

how is everyone going on Opti? 

Hey,

so I had to force the fluid down to. I haven’t been so great with getting in that 1lt plus of extra fluid a day it’s so hard. 

I went up 1.5kg with surgery from all the gas also but a couple days later it was gone. So I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow and down 6.5kg totally 12.5kg since starting the Pre op shakes. 

Must admit so over liquid diet, I just want to crunch food. I can start mushie diet tomorrow which I’m stoked about

10 hours ago, Boganlicious said:

I'm up for the day so 2 more sleeps! I'm trying to get as much cleaning and preparation done as possible. I keep forgetting things at the shops so have to go back again! I'm having my nails and toenails done today which can't come quick enough as I broke a nail Friday and have been wearing bandaids to hide it. Suitcase is just about packed. Come on Thursday! 

Good luck and all the best to both of you @trillions, @Boganlicious!  Don't be too stress, it shall be better than your expected.  For my small tips: Tie your hair before surgery.  When you are on bed, it won't dirty your hair when you are nausea .  Empty your bladder before you vomit if you can move. :P

Hope you have a more successful, pain & nausea free surgery than me on my birthday! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LA_Way said:

Hey,

so I had to force the fluid down to. I haven’t been so great with getting in that 1lt plus of extra fluid a day it’s so hard. 

I went up 1.5kg with surgery from all the gas also but a couple days later it was gone. So I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow and down 6.5kg totally 12.5kg since starting the Pre op shakes. 

Must admit so over liquid diet, I just want to crunch food. I can start mushie diet tomorrow which I’m stoked about

This is pretty slow, same as me.  I lost 6kg in pre-op and 2.8 kg post op until today, will be 1 week post op tomorrow.  Sometimes feel a little bit hungry when I am on bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, back2normal said:

Good luck and all the best to both of you @trillions, @Boganlicious!  Don't be too stress, it shall be better than your expected.  For my small tips: Tie your hair before surgery.  When you are on bed, it won't dirty your hair when you are nausea .  Empty your bladder before you vomit if you can move. :P

Hope you have a more successful, pain & nausea free surgery than me on my birthday! 

If I'm allowed to tie my hair I will. When I had my daughter via c section I wasn't allowed my hair tied up even though my hair elastic was metal free.  

All the very best for tomorrow @trillions and @Boganlicious  you guys are going to nail it!!

cant wait to hear how you go!

thinking of you both, and wishing you smooth procedures and easy recoveries xoxo

• Like 2

Thanks @zaruse!

I am nowhere near ready. I haven't packed. Still need to wash my PJs, etc. Still need to shave my legs and wash my hair, and do an online quiz for uni, and find 50 research articles for uni, and do some bookkeeping for a friend that is way overdue, and refill the ice trays, and feed the dogs, and clean the toilet and a million more things I can't think of right now. I've completely run out of time. After I get it all done I will be so looking forward to a nice rest in hospital! Just whack that needle in my arm and let me have a nigh-nighs for while and I'll be a happy girl :)

• Like 1

@Boganlicious how are you feeling? Is your cold any better?

PS Good luck for tomorrow morning! You'll be all done and dusted before I even arrive at the hospital. Sending you best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy pain-free recovery xx

Edited by trillions
Forgot something!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trillions said:

@Boganlicious how are you feeling? Is your cold any better?

PS Good luck for tomorrow morning! You'll be all done and dusted before I even arrive at the hospital. Sending you best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy pain-free recovery xx

I feel great except my voice is nearly gone. I need to get home shave everything, shower with antibacterial wash and get ready for a 2.45am wake up (I need to wash with antibacterial wash yet again including hair so want to dry my hair). 

27 minutes ago, Boganlicious said:

I feel great except my voice is nearly gone. I need to get home shave everything, shower with antibacterial wash and get ready for a 2.45am wake up (I need to wash with antibacterial wash yet again including hair so want to dry my hair). 

Why do you have to wash everything with antibacterial wash?! Is that because of your cold or is that something I'm meant to be doing too, in which case, uh oh!