Deeishere22

Had my sleeve surgery on the 4th of April

I was concerned before my surgery that I had no one to take me home after surgery. a little sad realization of how little support I have. But it worked out just fine; they pretty much signed me out and let me walk out; I just took a taxi home. How lucky was that!

I am a single parent and i have two daughters; I paid a lady to babysit for 3 days and it only cost me $250. Everything has gone very well.

Kevin Nolan my surgeon has never had any complications with any of his surgery's I was told before I went into the surgical room. The nurses at Hollywood were good and bad, first day they left me without a buzzer and the sides of the bed were up,  hooked up to machines nearly all day, I had to swallow my vomit a few times because there was no where for it to go. I was glad to leave.

I've been saving and organizing for this for 2 year's. It has been a week now and it is worth every sacrifice. I hadn't prepared well for what I could consume after, I had all the protein shakes optifast shakes and the like, but I crave something other than sweet stuff, but I have mastered the art of broth making,  20 chicken frames veggies cooked 20 hours and strain. I have already so much more energy, forced to eat nourishing shakes and broth have helped me heal fast.

It's hard to stay still, I've lost 8 kilo's so far and already a dress size down. I've bought a near new exercise bike and treadmill from gumtree for only $200 with delivery. 

I've trapped myself inside the home for 3 years too ashamed of how large I had become. I'm already a lot more confident and am exited to be fit enough to go out and meet people again. 

Just wanted to share 

• Like 1

Congratulations Deeishere22, hopefully your recovery continues to go well and you grow the confidence to brave the outside world :)

Hi Deeishere, hope all is going well for you still. I'm booked for the 30th July, I just want it to be here now before I change my mind.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Estelle said:

Hi Deeishere, hope all is going well for you still. I'm booked for the 30th July, I just want it to be here now before I change my mind.  

I know how you feel, I’m booked for aug 6 and have second thoughts every day.

1 hour ago, Kimmykay said:

I know how you feel, I’m booked for aug 6 and have second thoughts every day.

Its awful isn't it, I'm having so many thoughts throughout the day, I'm all over the place. I think I'm going to need to keep myself extra busy leading up to it.  Today I started to pack some of the clothes that don't fit well into a crate and reduce the size of my wardrobe in anticipation of the new me.  When do you start Opti Kimmykay is it two weeks before your surgery day ?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Estelle said:

Its awful isn't it, I'm having so many thoughts throughout the day, I'm all over the place. I think I'm going to need to keep myself extra busy leading up to it.  Today I started to pack some of the clothes that don't fit well into a crate and reduce the size of my wardrobe in anticipation of the new me.  When do you start Opti Kimmykay is it two weeks before your surgery day ?  

Yes, two weeks prior. So around mid July. 3 shakes per day only, no veg. Had my endoscopy today to check for band damage, thankfully all is good. Will have a chat to the doctor in the next couple of weeks, I had a plication done with my last band 5 years ago so I have some questions about that.