Update

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi everyone,

It's been 22 days since my surgery and I'm doing ok. I have been so tired and dizzy all the damn time though, it got really bad at the end of last week and I kept almost blacking out. I visited my GP a week after surgery to check my blood pressure but it was normal then. I borrowed my mum's BP machine and discovered it was quite low for me. I am on blood pressure medication and I guess in the two weeks since then it just dramatically changed so I have stopped it and am monitoring it til I see my GP on Saturday and I also see my surgeon on Monday (the first time since surgery actually) so hopefully I can get it all sorted. On the plus side it either means I lower my medication or get off it entirely soon, I really hoped this would happen but didn't expect it so soon. So if you suffer with dizzy spells after getting up or bending down please monitor your blood pressure, it's a horrible feeling. I haven't been able to do much at all except stay home, now that i'm off the medication I think I can finally start moving again. 

So I'm down about 26 kilos now. I have just started the soft foods stage and am doing ok on that, still learning how much to eat on this stage as you get fuller quicker. It was much easier measuring tablespoons of food on the puree. It's so nice to be able to chew food again though, it feels a little more human. Haha.

I normally sleep on my stomach and have had to sleep on my back and side since surgery. My GP told me to wait until I see my surgeon for the first time on Monday so I'm hoping I get the ok to sleep on my stomach again. I'm too scared to try it at this stage even though everything feels ok. I am looking forward to better sleeps soon. 

I had my measurements done yesterday and i've lost - 

*Waist - 10cm

*Right thigh - 6cm

*Left thigh - 4cm

*Hips - 14cm

Right bicep - 3cm

*Left bicep - 4cm

*Chest -11cm

*Neck - 3cm

Well I'm pretty happy with that. :)

- Queenies.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Look at you go @Queenies ! 

I am struggling with energy as I keep forgetting to eat and drink now that I’m back at work! My surgeon is super happy with my loss so far but 26kgs gone forever is phenomenal! You must be so proud of yourself! 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

@Katieapoos I am pretty proud of myself. It was such a hard thing for me to go through with it all and well.. I did it! 

I can imagine how easy it would be to forget to eat and drink! Maybe you need to set a watch alarm or a reminder. I have been taking berocca daily and that seems to help me for the moment. 

I hope you're super happy with your weight loss thus far too. 

- Queenies.