Hi everyone,

It's been 22 days since my surgery and I'm doing ok. I have been so tired and dizzy all the damn time though, it got really bad at the end of last week and I kept almost blacking out. I visited my GP a week after surgery to check my blood pressure but it was normal then. I borrowed my mum's BP machine and discovered it was quite low for me. I am on blood pressure medication and I guess in the two weeks since then it just dramatically changed so I have stopped it and am monitoring it til I see my GP on Saturday and I also see my surgeon on Monday (the first time since surgery actually) so hopefully I can get it all sorted. On the plus side it either means I lower my medication or get off it entirely soon, I really hoped this would happen but didn't expect it so soon. So if you suffer with dizzy spells after getting up or bending down please monitor your blood pressure, it's a horrible feeling. I haven't been able to do much at all except stay home, now that i'm off the medication I think I can finally start moving again. 

So I'm down about 26 kilos now. I have just started the soft foods stage and am doing ok on that, still learning how much to eat on this stage as you get fuller quicker. It was much easier measuring tablespoons of food on the puree. It's so nice to be able to chew food again though, it feels a little more human. Haha.

I normally sleep on my stomach and have had to sleep on my back and side since surgery. My GP told me to wait until I see my surgeon for the first time on Monday so I'm hoping I get the ok to sleep on my stomach again. I'm too scared to try it at this stage even though everything feels ok. I am looking forward to better sleeps soon. 

I had my measurements done yesterday and i've lost - 

*Waist - 10cm

*Right thigh - 6cm

*Left thigh - 4cm

*Hips - 14cm

Right bicep - 3cm

*Left bicep - 4cm

*Chest -11cm

*Neck - 3cm

Well I'm pretty happy with that. :)

- Queenies.

• Like 6

Look at you go @Queenies ! 

I am struggling with energy as I keep forgetting to eat and drink now that I’m back at work! My surgeon is super happy with my loss so far but 26kgs gone forever is phenomenal! You must be so proud of yourself! 

• Like 1

@Katieapoos I am pretty proud of myself. It was such a hard thing for me to go through with it all and well.. I did it! 

I can imagine how easy it would be to forget to eat and drink! Maybe you need to set a watch alarm or a reminder. I have been taking berocca daily and that seems to help me for the moment. 

I hope you're super happy with your weight loss thus far too. 

- Queenies.

• Like 1

78 days post surgery. I am 36.1kg down as of this morning. I am pretty damn happy with that! I was hoping to lose 30 kgs by my 30th Birthday on Sunday and I smashed it. Yay! 

• Like 4

On 6/7/2018 at 10:03 AM, Queenies said:

78 days post surgery. I am 36.1kg down as of this morning. I am pretty damn happy with that! I was hoping to lose 30 kgs by my 30th Birthday on Sunday and I smashed it. Yay! 

Well done @Queenies

That is amazing!  How much did you lose pre op?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Queenies said:

Thank you! About 18 kilos pre op. 

Just amazing!!  Well done.  I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and did 10 days Optifast prior.  So far I have lost 18kgs and cannot wait to get closer to where you are!

Is that your cat in your profile picture?  I love Ginger cats :)

• Like 1

@LosingKAL That's awesome! Well done. I didn't start feeling heaps different til about 25 onwards, noticing the differences much more anyway. I have stalled for the past two weeks and have gone up and down because it was my 30tj and my partners birthday too. Kind of just had a 'screw it' moment and had some birthday cake etc. Now I'm back into it!  Wish you all the best.

Yes, it's my cat rescue cat Naito! I'm a sucker for gingers, I'm marrying one too lol. I volunteer for a cat rescue and am loving it!

1 minute ago, Queenies said:

@LosingKAL That's awesome! Well done. I didn't start feeling heaps different til about 25 onwards, noticing the differences much more anyway. I have stalled for the past two weeks and have gone up and down because it was my 30tj and my partners birthday too. Kind of just had a 'screw it' moment and had some birthday cake etc. Now I'm back into it!  Wish you all the best.

Yes, it's my cat rescue cat Naito! I'm a sucker for gingers, I'm marrying one too lol. I volunteer for a cat rescue and am loving it!

@Queenies Thanks!  Yes, it is my birthday tomorrow and I literally can't eat anything "naughty" just yet so it will be a cakeless birthday this year which is fine :)

I have had 2 ginger boys in the past, both rescue cats.  One from the RSPCA in Yagoona and the other from a rescue place in Carlton NSW.  I loved them both, so grumpy and so funny :)

Good for you for getting back into it, I can't wait to be closer to where I need to be :)

On 6/7/2018 at 8:03 AM, Queenies said:

Many, many congratulations and very well done!

:)

• Thanks 1

@LosingKAL

Rescue cats are great! I volunteer in the Penrith area. Need another cat? Haha

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Are you on puree or soft foods? 

Yes, it's very exciting to see the numbers drop each week. I bought clothes for my birthday, can't go nuts but it's hard not to now. I am now in the smallest size in my favourite shop. It's funny, I got disappointed I won't be able to shop at my favourite store , I was like what now? Where do I shop now?

Good luck with everything. 

@denzel Thank you! More than half way now, yay!

Hello again!

I am on soft foods and only just started this past few days.  Still getting used to it, mainly eating poached egg, mince, really soft chicken and meat etc.

Had a great birthday yesterday, walked the Coast Walk of the Noosa National Park and then went to a day spa!  Mmmmmmm.

No cake this year, next year perhaps when I am teeny tiny :)  hahaha

• Like 1

Currently - 42kgs and feeling good! My joints are still sore but other than that I'm great. 

I still haven't got my period after 4 months. Had a blood test for my thyroid last week. Need to go back for the results. 

Doing a lot of walking, absolutely love winter! It's been - 2 in the mornings the last couple of days but my partner and I still get out there and do our morning weekend walk. Interesting to see come summer how I'll handle the heat now as I absolutely hate it. 

- Queenies.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, Queenies said:

36kgs loss in under 3 months or is this including preop how much do you have to lose total.... 

On 7/16/2018 at 6:39 AM, Queenies said:

Currently - 42kgs and feeling good! My joints are still sore but other than that I'm great. 

I still haven't got my period after 4 months. Had a blood test for my thyroid last week. Need to go back for the results. 

Doing a lot of walking, absolutely love winter! It's been - 2 in the mornings the last couple of days but my partner and I still get out there and do our morning weekend walk. Interesting to see come summer how I'll handle the heat now as I absolutely hate it. 

- Queenies.

Amazing results! I don't do exercise because I get in 10000 steps or more on work days as it's a 2 story building so climbing the stairs multiple times, lots of walking, etc. I've found lots of us have weird periods post op from the fb support pages. I had the Depo shot and had my period. 3 weeks later I got it again and it lasted over 2 weeks. I had to get blood tests and ultrasound done to rule out any problems. Luckily nothing for around 3 weeks now. Do you find you feel the cold more? I definitely do and you mentioned summer, I hope I can handle the heat better. 

@Bigm666 Hi, about 43kg total now. This is all including pre-op. I basically cut out soft drink and alcohol around the same time I saw the surgeon for my first consultation. I was off alcohol for over 5 months and no soft drink now what so ever. Even just doing that will drop off some kilos. I was told to do the pre-op diet for 3 weeks but I was pretty determined and did it for 6 and a half weeks. To this day I still have at least one opti a day for a meal. 

My surgeon told me to lose about 68 kilos to be a in healthy BMI range. I started at 145.5 and i'm so close to double digits, very exciting. 

@Boganlicious Hi, thanks so much. I haven't heard of the depo shot? Might ask my doctor when I see her next. I had a blood test for my thyroid but it was all normal. I had a terrible period for many years and ended up in the pill just to keep it regular. I have been off that since 10 days before surgery though, still waiting lol. 

Yes I do feel the cold more now, BUT in saying that I absolutely love the cold and like getting to rug up. I always say you can warm yourself up easily but in summer it's ahrd to stay cool. Will be interesting some summer though, my partner and I both hate summer with a passion. We have both lost 30+ kilos now so hopefully I the heat doesn't bother me as much. I will still most likely be more covered up than most people though, need to get rid of my bingo arms now! 

• Like 1

I'm still on the research stage but being in adelaide there's only a few options for surgery I'm just gathering information before committing to PHI 

• Like 1

And btw im 142 and 184cm i need at least 50kg loss may be 60 but i reckon after op and 3mnths post op once healed i could start gym light resistance weights to help tone as i lose weight so that i don't end up with big flabby pancake belly.. If i can lose the 50kgs within a yr and keep it off long term i will be so much healthier and extend my life by 20yrs as I'll be 35 in 12mnths from next Thursday ...

• Like 1

I've found a local members own that does full cover gold hospital for $45 week 

• Like 1

@Queenies you are smashing it!!!

well done! 

Which meal do you normally switch for Opti? And do you have to have it over two goes? 

• Thanks 1

@Bigm666 Yeah, can always tone after a few months. My aim was to already to that, I started and got too dizzy because I had low blood sugar. Now I just seem to be walking a lot and using a recumbent bike at home. Also have a weight bench here though need to do more of that for toning. I am no where near comfortable walking into a gym just yet. I would rather do it at home, but I know a lot of people need to go to the gym or they won't end up doing anything. 

@zaruse Thank you! How are you going? 

I normally have opti either breakfast or dinner, mostly dinner though if it's one a day. Some days I have two a day still. When I have a bar I only eat half and put the rest in the fridge for the next meal. I can finish a shake sometimes, usually add less water or milk. My partner hasn't had the surgery but we eat the same just different amounts. So if I don't finish it I normally pass it on or we share it and he can have something else with it. 

On 7/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, Queenies said:

@Bigm666 Yeah, can always tone after a few months. My aim was to already to that, I started and got too dizzy because I had low blood sugar. Now I just seem to be walking a lot and using a recumbent bike at home. Also have a weight bench here though need to do more of that for toning. I am no where near comfortable walking into a gym just yet. I would rather do it at home, but I know a lot of people need to go to the gym or they won't end up doing anything. 

@zaruse Thank you! How are you going? 

I normally have opti either breakfast or dinner, mostly dinner though if it's one a day. Some days I have two a day still. When I have a bar I only eat half and put the rest in the fridge for the next meal. I can finish a shake sometimes, usually add less water or milk. My partner hasn't had the surgery but we eat the same just different amounts. So if I don't finish it I normally pass it on or we share it and he can have something else with it. 

I am still 12 months away but getting very keen to get this show on the road, I have spoken to a few clinics and Dr Bessell seems the most experienced, I just have to keep myself busy to get through the next 12 months, but I thank you all for your support

• Like 1