Boganlicious

Scale and non scale wish list

What is everyone looking forward to post op? If you're already post op what is the best change? 

For me besides being able to buy whatever clothes I want (I'm called in love with a faux fur jacket which comes in pink as well as grey but biggest size is 16) I am looking forward to being able to shake it (dance) without thinking that I look like Homer Simpson in that episode where he's in his underwear running on the treadmill or where the doctor taps his belly and it starts wobbling for ages. I love dancinf but get embarrassed about bits shaking that shouldn't be even though no ones watching. If I can budget it in I'm going to be doing dance classes once I've lost weight. It means dancing onstage at the end of year concerts. 

• Like 4

I am looking forward to buying clothes that will actually fit better, clothes that aren't too big in the shoulders or too long in the arms or legs because I have to buy a size 18/20 but am about 5ft tall.  I will be happy to fit into petite clothing sizes again.  

I am happy that I will be improving my health, I want to be an active and well, I want to be able to walk up steps without gasping.

• Like 4

I’m looking forward to feeling comfortable sitting next to people in allocated seating - like the theatre or public transport.

and I’m looking forward to stressing less about load limits for chairs, and trampolines

and I’m really, really looking forward to having less of me to haul around- which means exercise and horse riding will be more fun

• Like 2

I thought of 2 more. I want to go indoor rock climbing and stand up paddle boarding. My weight holds me back from doing things like that. I paid my surgeon's fee this morning. I start Opti next Monday. I'm really excited! I had to buy some things last week new slippers, walking shoes, trackbpants and a jumper and it's one of the last times I'm going to be buying from the plus size section. 

• Like 3

Oh my gosh Ms Licious, let’s go on a rock climbing date together!!! My last attempt was in high school.

i went for a little pre-hospital shop too- for some Jim Jams and some totes sexy comfy cotton undies.

i know it’s dumb but purchasing bits like that make it a squeak more real! 

• Like 2

I've done a Coles shop and have bought toiletries, lip balm and hand cream because someone posted on fb that you tend to get dry lips and skin from not drinking a lot of water. I'm packing a pillow for the ride home (it helps with the bumps in the road).

I also got some caffeine free cinnamon tea, Powerade zero and benefibre. Metamucil is a no as it swells in the stomach. I just need to buy hydralyte made up as well the icy poles and some liquid Imodium in case I need it. I'd rather have it on hand then not have it. That and hubby has no license right now so I can't send him out on shop runs. I would make him ride his push bike but he needs to be home to watch the kids mainly our baby. 

• Like 1

Great question. I want to -

* Be able to try shoes on even with people looking at me

* Do yoga again without having a big fat gut in the way

* Run, run like the wind!

* Get up from low furniture without struggling

* Study without constant brain fog

18 minutes ago, trillions said:

* Study without constant brain fog

Trillions, I don't know if you might find this useful, but going gluten-free (and low-carb) helped helps with my ME/CFS brain fog!  All the best! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, denzel said:

Trillions, I don't know if you might find this useful, but going gluten-free (and low-carb) helped helps with my ME/CFS brain fog!  All the best! 

Thanks Denzel! Funny you should say that, I was only just thinking that this would be a good time to go gluten free.

My head is a lot clearer at the moment on the low carb optifast diet. I'm about to hit the books again right now... I have an essay due on the day of my surgery (10 days!) that I haven't started yet, so I'm hoping this new clear (but weary from low-cals) head will see me through. 

I think low carb is going to have be my future if I want to succeed. Carbs are like sedatives to me, even in small doses, damit. So annoying.. I do love me some carbs! 

I really appreciate the hints, Denzel, thanks once again xx :)

PS Sorry to hear about the ME/CFS. I hope you're feeling well and happy and that it passes soon.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 9:27 AM, zaruse said:

I’m looking forward to feeling comfortable sitting next to people in allocated seating - like the theatre or public transport.

and I’m looking forward to stressing less about load limits for chairs, and trampolines

and I’m really, really looking forward to having less of me to haul around- which means exercise and horse riding will be more fun

I second all of these!! 

I will never forget a trip to Circ de Soleil with one of my best friends a few years ago. I was maybe 105 kg, so 25 kg smaller than I am now, and soon after we sat down she got really annoyed and snapped at me to move over. I had someone seated to the other side as well and I was right in the middle of my seat trying to pull my arms in tight in front of me to make myself smaller. Everyone around us heard her, and I was so embarrassed and ashamed I couldn't wait to get out of there and didn't enjoy the show at all. 

I never ever ever want that to happen again. 

• Like 2

Agree with all.

its the simple things like taking your kids to movies and just feeling like you slide in and out of your chair with ease and space. Going on a plane and not preying you sit with no one next to you so you don’t feel like a heffa taking all the room. 

Never having to think twice about your size if you want to join in on an activity with friends or your kids like trampoline, scooter etc. I can’t wait 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to not having to ask for the seat belt extender on flights, being able to go hiking, giving up the CPAP machine!

And a million other things :)

• Like 2