Sign in to follow this  
judith2689

Costly Op or not

would be interested to know what the out of pocket expenses are for a sleeve if you have Top Hospital cover with MBF. Looking at Dr Nottle at Williamstown

Not with MBF, but with Medibank.  I am sure they are all much of a muchness.

I had about a 3 1/2 thousand gap with the surgeon, and about 1 1/2 thousand gap with the Anaesthetist.  Hospital totally covered = $5,000.00  *No regrets!*. (2015)

Without insurance? My Mum was looking into this for my nephew who is morbidly/super morbidly obese in NZ - $25, 000.00

i'm with Paul Burton in Malvern and insured with People Care. My out of pocket is $4600 for surgeon and anaesthetist plus I have a $500 excess for the hospital.

Nope not costly at all compared to the ongoing health issues if you don't have some form of weight loss surgery.

• Like 3

My Cost was $6100 to surgeon and his assistant this also included dietitian fee and that covers 12 months , $1550 anaesthetist, i'am in top private health cover 250 excess.

If you ring the surgery they'll give you the exact amount, most of the clinics have GP's who can advise on all the costs. Remember to ask about dietician, psychologist, exercise physiologist etc as these are often required.

• Like 1