Sign in to follow this  
Elvis68

Sore after vomiting

Hi everyone, I am almost 4 years into my band experience and I must say it is the BEST thing I have ever done.  I have lost 40kg with about 10 more to go ... during this whole time I’ve been one of the lucky ones (I think, as I’ve heard some horror stories) where the band has worked really well, I’m never very hungry, makes me eat a lot less, I’ve lost weight, can move more freely, no more aches and pains, I’m Wearing jeans again for the first time in about 20 years ... it’s nice to be not the biggest person in the room ... the contentment that brings is amazing. 

i just have one question thst hopefully someone can help me with ... I had a fill last Saturday, just .1 ml which pushed me over the limit and come yesterday (Thursday) I needed to have that .1 out, it hurt even when drinking water, and that was just sipping water. I barely ate and what I did was very small amounts of soup. Took me back to the first month after I had the band... anyways, last night I cooked a small piece of fish ... I must have eaten too quickly and I vomited quite badly ... I’ve only vomited probs 4 times previously and all these times it was quick and quite painless. Last night there was a lot thst came back up and now I am really sore in between my breasts ... still slow in eating and drinking again today .. back on soup ☹️ I’m wondering if I’ve damaged the band .. ? Or perhaps because I vomited a lot I may have just hurt myself... am hoping this is the case and tomorrow I’m feeling better ,.... thoughts anyone ? I still feel like I didn’t get the .1 out yesterday to be honest ... not sure what is going on ... HELP 

Hi and welcome.

Sorry you are going through this, and sorry I can't help as I don't have a band.  Hopefully some banders will chime in for you.

I assume if by Monday things haven't improved for you, you will contact your surgeon, as the band may have slipped due to the bout of severe vomiting?

I'd stay on fluids for a few days as you may have inflamed the area around your band. I used to use diet softdrink to "clean" the band area, might be worth a try. The fizzier the better.Try ice cold water as well for a bit of soothing. If you have no joys, a complete unfill for a week or so might help, but it can be a slippery slope.

I've only had the bad vomits twice since I've had mine, and just went back to soft food, soups and liquids for a few days until it didn't feel like there was a rock in my chest. Vomiting in general is pretty traumatic on our body, with a band constricting the natural path back up it does make it harder. If you're still in a fair bit of pain after a week of taking it easy I'd go back to your doctor, but a bit of pain after this kind of thing seems really common