Kittyk

July 2018 surgery

Hi there, are there any others having surgery in July? 

I am booked in for 5th of July to have the sleeve.

I'm excited and nervous!! I took out phi a year ago to cover the surgery.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, RAM03 said:

I am booked on this date as well - excited and nervous as well

Oh how cool; the same date! I'm having surgery on the gold coast, how about you?

I’m booked for a sleeve on the 7th in Brisbane, nervous and excited 

22 hours ago, AshG said:

I’m booked for a sleeve on the 7th in Brisbane, nervous and excited 

Gold Coast for me :D

What’s everyone doing to prepare mentally? It doesn’t feel real yet.

Hi everyone, I'm booked for 30th July, is there anyone here from Adelaide who might be having the sleeve in July ?

On 6/12/2018 at 5:55 PM, AshG said:

What’s everyone doing to prepare mentally? It doesn’t feel real yet.

My clinic have a psychologist that they require you see. I will have had 5 sessions with her pre surgery. That is helping get my head together over it and will see her post surgery too.

Went for my gastroscopy yesterday. My surgeon requested it be done as a precaution. All clear from that. So next stop is the big surgery!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:11 PM, Estelle said:

Hi everyone, I'm booked for 30th July, is there anyone here from Adelaide who might be having the sleeve in July ?

Hey can you tell me more as I'm I adelaide and exploring options i don't know who to trust ice been talking to Ashford and flinders private

On 7/22/2018 at 3:14 AM, Bigm666 said:

Hey can you tell me more as I'm I adelaide and exploring options i don't know who to trust ice been talking to Ashford and flinders private

If you've been to 2 clinics and are still confused, they haven't done their job very well. The GP at the clinics should have explained all the options, what you need to do, the costs involved, a time frame for surgery and the outcomes expected. If you haven't had an appointment yet, then the GP will explain everything on your first appointment. Once you've had that initial appointment, you should be a lot more clear on what surgery might be the best for you.

My problem is I'm 12 months away from even having surgery due to PHI but i need factual details on costs not vague information. Can i do a consultation this early just to get my head around it all will it cost me

41 minutes ago, Bigm666 said:

My problem is I'm 12 months away from even having surgery due to PHI but i need factual details on costs not vague information. Can i do a consultation this early just to get my head around it all will it cost me

Yes, go and see the GP at Dr Bessell's rooms at Wakefield Hospital, they'll talk you through all the ins and outs. Yes, it costs around $180 before rebate, but it should answer your questions. They're more thorough there than at other clinics, in my opinion.

Best I've found is members own gold cover of $45 week and lady said covers all WLS

• Like 1