Srahb25

June 2018 Sleeves

July 7th for me. Nervous as well! 

Have you started a preop diet yet? I’m day 4 of opti and struggling for the first time today. I don’t think I’ve been drinking enough water so am craving salt!! I’m not finding the shakes too bad at all yet, I just need salt! Might try a cup of miso and see how I go. 

Its getting real now you guys!!

I’m 9 days into the Opti, only 6 days left until the surgery. Day 2 was my worst on opti, I had the biggest headache that I could not shake. I felt nauseous for the following few days, but I’ve come out the other side. The only think I miss now is meat! 

I bought myself a 1 Litre water bottle to help record my water intake. I found it I had 2-3 litres I felt better each day. 

It is getting real! 

I might have to do the same with the water bottle. I’m usually really good with drinking water but I think the fluids from the shakes as wel as it being winter means I’ve not felt as thirsty. I had a meal of stir fry veggies tonight and they were supper yummy. I put garlic salt in it to overcome my salt craving lol. 

How exciting - you are so close!! 

The cooler weather does make drinking water harder, you think you don’t need as much! 

I am so terrified. I’ve been going back and reading everyone’s experiences post-op seeing if I can gain an understanding of what it will be like! 

Your stir fry sounds delicious! I’ve been lazy the last few days and have just had steamed veggies. Should probably get more creative. 

On 6/10/2018 at 8:27 PM, AshG said:

July 7th for me. Nervous as well! 

July 30th for me, I just got my date today, excited and scared would be my feelings tonight :-/

Good luck June-ers!

I was done on 29 May. I've been so happy with it all. I'm just still struggling to regain energy, but that is to be expected.

Rest when you can after for as long as you can.

The liquid phase is a little tough going but I'm keeping the big picture in mind.

NO REGRETS! All the best. :)

@Srahb25 thanks for asking. Optifast is going really well. Down 2.9kg this week. Have stuck to it like nobody’s business because I know if I deviate for one thing it’s all over. I was avoiding having a shake for breakfast because I never used to be hungry in the morning but now I am. The shake fills me up til lunchtime! So pretty chuffed. 

Not too long for you now - how exciting!!!

Well done @Tuesdaysprincess I have been the same with not deviating. My brother and my boyfriend ate chicken sandwiches in front of me yesterday, but I stayed strong! 

The shakes are surprisingly filling! I’ve become less and less hungry the longer I’ve been on them! 

1 more day, this time tomorrow I’ll be registered at the hospital and awaiting surgery. I’m 3rd cab off the rank! 

Thanks for the luck @JoG, I am so afraid, I have never even had a stitch so the surgery is terrifying me! 

Thanks @zaruse!

today is the day. I’ve been awake for hours. I’m so scared! I have no idea what to expect and have nothing to compare it to!

I made chicken broth yesterday! So I’m prepare for when I come out of hospital. 

Lost a total of 8.8 on the optifast!

E322A88D-C1AF-4C34-9B05-58DBF80BE451.jpeg

• Like 1

All the very best for today and for a very smooth snd speedy recovery Shrahb25. As they say today is the first day of your future. I'm booked for the 30th July will look forward to following your journey. 

@Srahb25 I hope all went well yesterday! Can’t wait to hear how you are going. 

I had a gastroscopy yesterday, results were absolutely fine so that’s a big relief. 

Optifast is going really well for me - 6.6kg down in 10 days so I’m super stoked about that. I’m off to Melbourne for the weekend so plan on having my shakes for breakfast and lunch but then eating a keto dinner (ie no carbs, veggie and protein based with some healthy fats). I might have one or two drinks because I’ve planned this for ages but I am also super aware of what to put in my body. 

Only 11 days to go for me!! 

• Like 1