Just wanting to know when everyone introduced alcohol again after sleeve surgery? Not talking large amount, just like a glass of wine!

My surgeon recommends zero alcohol until you are at your goal weight. I plan to try my best to follow his recommendation. 

Had my first glass of wine about 3 weeks after surgery.  Hated it!!  It was another week or so before I tried again. My tastes have changed.  Shiraz is now too heavy and beer is, well I can completely cross beer off my bevy list! I can knock back a couple of flutes of Prosecco and that's me full - oddly I absolutely hated the stuff prior to surgery.  Vodka still great - but I only mix it with ice.  My surgery was November.  I've dropped 36kg, and 5 to go.  

On 6/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, Fat2Fit Hopefully said:

Had my first glass of wine about 3 weeks after surgery.  Hated it!!  It was another week or so before I tried again. My tastes have changed.  Shiraz is now too heavy and beer is, well I can completely cross beer off my bevy list! I can knock back a couple of flutes of Prosecco and that's me full - oddly I absolutely hated the stuff prior to surgery.  Vodka still great - but I only mix it with ice.  My surgery was November.  I've dropped 36kg, and 5 to go.  

What was your start weight mate

Hi,

I was sleeved in March. I had my first glass of wine at the end of May. That was after a 5 or 6 month break from alcohol. It was glorious haha! I haven't had any issues with alcohol thus far. I stick to wine or spirits on the rocks occasionally. Nothing carbonated anymore unfortunately.