Sign in to follow this  
Boganlicious

Jeans

Just wondering when I will be able to wear jeans or jeggings? While my stomach has shrunk it's still out of proportion to the rest of my body making real pants hard to wear eg jeggings because they either strangle me around my stomach or they fit my stomach but are baggy everywhere else. 

I know you can't target where the weight will come off but I'm desperate to wear something other than leggings! Plus applying for jobs and if I'm successful black pants for work is a must. Is there a specific brand I should try? 

I don’t know what size you are at the moment, but some of the plus size brands are not too bad for waist vs leg. 

Having said that, I’ve just left a couple of pairs of pants with my mum to take in a bit around the tummy, and even more down the leg. 

• Like 1

Hey Zaruse I'm wearing leggings in a size 16. I tried on my old jeggings in a 16 which fit but too tight on the stomach. I've got some size 16 jeans with tags still on which won't even go over my legs. Might have to buy to fit my stomach and instead of skinny leg go for boyfriend style. I'm trying not to buy a lot right now. 

• Like 1

I just bought kmart jeggings and work pants, if the leg was meant to be tight but felt too loose I'd run another line up the inner seam to the knee. I still do that haha 

Even when not losing weight, well fitting clothes will always look better than trying to squeeze into a smaller size just for the sake of feeling like we're a smaller size.

It took me so long to go from my 20's and 18's down to a normal 16 but then someone pointed out I'd stretched all of my pants just trying to fit into them so even though the tag was an 18 I'd grown in them to make them more like a 20, but refused to buy the bigger size because you know... vanity haha. The first drop down usually takes the longest, especially if you're holding weight in your tummy

• Like 1

This is way late but maternity pants all the way!  I dont have a stomach, my jeans problem has always been tight round the thighs with a meter of excess fabric at the waist, I'm so pear shaped.  However, I have a colostomy and I really HATE being cut across the middle with a waistband - it even causes leaks as poo cant drop down where it should into the bag.   I also have love handles at the back and the dreaded muffin top is not a good look.  Maternity jeans solve all that for me and they are perfect for ladies who carry weight on their tummies.