Lexi269

Sunshine Coast Doctors and price

Hi wanting to get the sleeve done what Doctors are best on the Sunshine Coast and what are their prices, I am paying with my super not private health care. Thanks

18 hours ago, Lexi269 said:

Has anybody had their sleeve done on Sunshine Coast??

Hi @Lexi269 I had my sleeve done on the 21st May this year at Buderim Private Hospital by Dr Baxter.  Great surgeon, awesome follow up service and I have had no problems with the surgery.  I am almost 5 weeks post op and am about to hit the 20kg loss mark (I lost some on Optifast the week prior to surgery).

Please feel free to ask any questions, happy to help :)

• Like 1

Yes at Buderim private hospital with Dr Baxtor. Highly recommend. Everything was extremely straight forward and met with him in October 2017 and had my op dec 2017. His team are all wonderful and the hospital stay was very comfortable, well as can be expected post surgery. 

Start weight was 162 kg

Current 95 kg

I have my life back

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, Emma84 said:

Yes at Buderim private hospital with Dr Baxtor. Highly recommend. Everything was extremely straight forward and met with him in October 2017 and had my op dec 2017. His team are all wonderful and the hospital stay was very comfortable, well as can be expected post surgery. 

Start weight was 162 kg

Current 95 kg

I have my life back

Wow done so well 67kgs in 10 months?. What operation did you  have? What's your exercise routine? Sorry if intrusive just doing research 

28 minutes ago, Bigm666 said:

Wow done so well 67kgs in 10 months?. What operation did you  have? What's your exercise routine? Sorry if intrusive just doing research 

Thats fine. Ask away. I dont mind answering. I had the sleeve. And yes that is in 10 months.

Pre op diet i lost 15 kg doing optifast and a no carb diet. No carb for 2 weeks and then optifast only for 2 weeks.That was to reduce the size of my liver for a safer op. The rest i lost after the op. 

Honestly i dont do any exercise! I am going to start weight lifting now and they do suggest you to start that a few months after the op, once cleared from the doc but i just didnt get into it at the time. But now i dont feel so conscious about joining a gym i cannot wait to start! 

• Like 1

Thnx how long were you on pre op total 15kgs that seems insane to me?

Yes I believe doing some kind of weights will help with the loose skin issues

I assume you're 1984; like me :)

what operation did you have ?

Have you continued with optifast long term or some kind of protein shakes?

I'm looking at going full bypass 

15 minutes ago, Bigm666 said:

Thnx how long were you on pre op total 15kgs that seems insane to me?

Yes I believe doing some kind of weights will help with the loose skin issues

I assume you're 1984; like me :)

what operation did you have ?

Have you continued with optifast long term or some kind of protein shakes?

I'm looking at going full bypass 

I was on preop for 4 weeks!  And yes i was so happy with the loss, even before the op! 

I had the sleeve.

I dont have any protein shakes now. I stick to eating solids. I eat low carb and high protein and i eat 5 times a day. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner around 6ish. I would say i get in around 1000 to 1200 calories a day. Lots of fish, white meats, veggies and salad. Eggs of course. Peanut butter and grains. And heaps of water. Around 2 litres a day but some of that is made up in cups of tea as i struggle with plain water sometimes lol hope that info helps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigm666 said:

Thanks again well done I can't wait to get op next yr 

It will be the best decision you ever made! Please keep me updated. Always nice to know someone going through similar.