Teags

ENDOSCOPIC SLEEVE

Hi all, does anyone know if you have a failed result from an endoscopic sleeve, can you still have the gastric sleeve?

having problems now  "tagging" folks in.  There are now folks with "Endoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy".  Can I humbly suggest that you contact these folk?

Re Gastric Sleeve, as long as you meet the criteria of a BMI of 30 +, + obesity related health disorders  e.g. sleep apnoea. high blood pressure, Type 2  Diabetes etc;  you should be covered.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, Teags said:

Hi all, does anyone know if you have a failed result from an endoscopic sleeve, can you still have the gastric sleeve?

I had mine taken out after about 8 months. 

Worst decision of my life getting the ESG, waste of time and money, as well as the 40kg weight gain i had with it in... 

Mine was done by "the best doctor in the industry" (Loosely quoted) and it was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. 

I have since seen real surgeons about a sleeve, and they are saying that even tho the ESG is removed, its a high risk going to a sleeve from ESG as there are staples lodged in my stomach and a higher risk of a bleed out or leak afterward. 

This is not a truly reversible procedure. All in all it was the worst year of my life. 

happy to talk more

On 1/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, Sydneymale30s said:

I had mine taken out after about 8 months. 

Worst decision of my life getting the ESG, waste of time and money, as well as the 40kg weight gain i had with it in... 

Mine was done by "the best doctor in the industry" (Loosely quoted) and it was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. 

I have since seen real surgeons about a sleeve, and they are saying that even tho the ESG is removed, its a high risk going to a sleeve from ESG as there are staples lodged in my stomach and a higher risk of a bleed out or leak afterward. 

This is not a truly reversible procedure. All in all it was the worst year of my life. 

happy to talk more

How did you gain 40kilos in eight months?   I am sorry to ask but I have to did you have an undiagnosed eating disorder or medical condition?  There are no staples with an ESG but stitches????

When did you have the ESG?  Did you not feel any restriction at all?