Sign in to follow this  
AmyZ

Removal of Band

So I was a member here for a lot of years - and its all sort of gone to hell!. 

15 years I was a kids when i got it done - 15 years ago it was done when I was 15!

I have had nothing but trouble all this time - but always made to feel like its normal.

I saw the surgeons again recently - they did more scans, And BAM! there is a problem and its causing issues with fertility etc etc. I have a pouch! my stomach has expanded and pouched above my band. 

Just got the call and its coming out this week - Scary! Not because im getting surgery but because I dont know how to live without my band! 

Has anyone else had theres removed after so long and started to freak out a little?

• Like 1

I had mine removed after 10 years and was sleeved 2 months after.

How are you going now KimmyKay??

I feel bloody wonderful... I Feel like I can breath. I can eat i can have lunch and not need to run off for a spew. Its wonderful.

The sleeve well I dont know if I will go there. I had my band for the better part of 15 years and i was a kid... Time to try on my own... for a bit! Its always an options for me one day. 

I had all my fill removed about a year ago and just in the last couple of months I've put on 4kg.  So went back to start getting fills.  I have a great Dr. who does fills now and we were chatting about problems with overfill etc.  She said she was amazed how many people put up with problems and made to feel it's their own fault.  With all the fill out I admit i started to lapse-so easy with no fill!! I could eat anything and everything! (My fill was taken out for another reason-done at hospital and they just took it all out) Other than that I haven't really had too many probs and this doctor I see will come in after hours should there be a problem and said don't wait until you have a problem-so refreshing after all the previous surgeons who weren't really interested in the whole picture just go in -fill in, or out as the case may be.

I'm not sure why I started eating too much-maybe it was a joy to be able to eat anything again.  I had about 12.5ml originally and have had 6ml over 3 fills so far and just starting to feel like it *might* be working again after losing 600g this week. It's nearly Christmas and i just have to (re)learn avoiding those yummy treats in all the stores!  

Good luck with going commando with your stomach and hope it all goes well for you.  I don't come on here all that often because it seems to be that most people today have sleeves but even then some are having probs down the track with stretching of stomach etc.  Dunno why it has to be so hard!!!!