Sign in to follow this  
Meez

Have not been able to eat, vomiting plz help

Hi everyone I’m after some advice please.

so I was banded in May I’ve followed directions to a tea. But I have not been able to eat solid foods yet 

I continually vomit no matter what I put in my mouth. Yes it’s worked in I’ve lost weight and not eating big amounts. Whatever I try I bring straight back up so not a very good way of losing weight.

i have 5 cc’s in my band atm I was at 6 cc’s but I could not eat or drink I lasted 3 days then was put in emergency room I they removed 3 cc’s that helped but weight started going back on. My surgeon wasn’t stressed said it had to be my fault I was eating wrong or to quick. Well guess what I am only eating soup, yoghurt or puréed porridge. I’m sure that isn’t wrong so he started filling me up again even though I’ve told him I cannot eat even a teaspoon of anything. He filled in .5 cc’s and Now back to 5ccs as I said.

its been 7 months I have only eaten and kept down a total of a weeks worth of food in that time.  It’s getting worse and worse I can’t even drink soup now. Getting hard to drink water. I constantly vomit

im sure there’s swelling involved but the pain in my chest is so bad, the complications from vomiting are ridiculous 

ive tried the warm drink before eating, muscle relaxants, heat pack anything else I can think of

i need help or need to know what to say to my surgeon to make him listen

Oh goodness, you must be going crazy!  To go so long eating such a small variety of foods is mentally hard, but you'd be physically running down your resources over that time too.  At the end of the day, if you cant eat solid food, you are too tight, end of story.  Its so hard to get your head around being banded but still having to do a lot of the work yourself, and that hard stop is very easy to rely on. But you simply must have some fluid removed and try to manage your intake by measuring, weighing and yep, sticking to a diet.  The hard stop you get with a band is a step too far, you must listen very hard for "not hungry anymore".

I would ask for a barium swallow to evaluate what's going on.  In fact, given my own experiences, I'd absolutely insist - what you're going through now is risking your band. You may have had a slip already, or you may just be too tight, but some people really struggle with that too tight/too loose cycle and in the end you've got two choices - risk your band or go for a looser restrition and accept it will be a little harder. 

Also, if you get some fluid out, work your way up from fluids to mushies to solids, dont just immediately try to eat something difficult.

• Like 1