Sign in to follow this  
lillibelle

baked beans

Anyone eat baked beans. Im 8weeks out and craving baked beans

God yes, I ate them mashed in soft food stage. Bloody fantastic!

EDIT: at 8 weeks post op you should be eating a normal diet (yes, focused on protein for now but that can change when you're a couple of years post op or your restriction eases), just small portions. No food is off limits, unless you have intolerances of course.

Yes I know no foods are banned but baked beans are high in carbs

I always hated baked beans and post op found myself craving warm baked beans with melted cheese. Tasted so good. Amazing how the taste buds can change even day to day. Steak is now hit or miss for me. Some days it's nice most of the time I crave it then it just doesn't do it for me. I would think even though they have carbs that beans and legumes are still ok as they can also be counted as protein depending who you talk to. 

18 hours ago, lillibelle said:

Yes I know no foods are banned but baked beans are high in carbs

You're diabetic? Doesn't matter, baked beans are also high in fibre and are seriously good for you. I know of no dietitian who would advise against eating them (although they'd probably all say to eat the low sodium variety, eww!).

Just monitor your BSL, which should have improved somewhat after surgery anyway. Also, if you aren't already, go see a dietician - people who engage with professional supports (dietician, psychologist, bariatric surgeon etc) lose more weight and keep it off over the long term, which is why you had your surgery in the first place I'd imagine.

• Like 1