Sign in to follow this  
Leanne

Administrator Help Required Please

Dave

It might be a good idea to have a permanent sticky thread titled like I've titled this one to get your attention if anyone needs help.

I need help please, can you look at the Gold Coast thread, I have put Bariatric Surgeons names in there but one of the surgeons will not allow the URL to work. I think it may have something to do with the address as it has numbers in it, I have never seen numbers in a URL before! I've had several attempts to get it working but it won't let me. If I copy and paste the URL onto a Word Document it will work and take me to the surgeon's site but it won't work on this board. If possible are you able to see if you can fix it for me for me please.

Leanne

Great idea Leanne, I have set up a new forum called HELP!!!! :)

I have fixed the link for you. in the code for your links, you had the size code inside the url code, which was stopping the link from working. When you do links, you need to make sure that the link is surrounded by the url code, without anything else in there too

eg: (url)link text(url)(size) rather than (url)link text(size)(url)

Also, url's can include any alphanumeric figure, so any number or letter - it's rare you find them with numbers but they do exist! :) with my clients, I suggest they don't use them, as it causes a lot of confusion eg: if you hear on the radio an advert and hear a website address of "ten designers dot com dot au" is it 10designers.com.au or tendesigners.com.au? Hence why you don't see many :)

Dave

Hi Dave

Thank you very much. I haven't emailed you my avatar yet plus some other things I'd like to bring to your attention that might help with advertising this wonderful group you have created. I've been busy but I should be able to shoot off an email to you on Monday.

Leanne

Hi again Dave

I went to post on the HELP but it wouldn't work, it kept taking me to the Welcome thread and even though I tried clicking on the right hand side on GO where it said Help it still wouldn't work. Maybe it's me not used to working this board yet but could you double check the HELP thread please and see if you can post on it.

My query is, the link you helped me with on the Gold Coast thread is not green and is not unerlined like the other two links. I didn't choose them to be green they just appeared that way but I though all links must be green and underlined but obviously not, do you know why this is?

Thank you.

Leanne :)

Hi Leanne,

If you have gone to the link in the past, it will be a different colour to show that you have been there before. I have checked it and I can assure you the link works :D

Dave