mazzles

Sabotage from friends and family (article)

Hi, I am pleased that I found this thread. I have the support of the friends that I have told, but my family and my partner are dead against it. They say they will support me though, but in the mean time they are hell bent on convincing me otherwise!!!

My mother said to me that if I go back to weight watchers that her and Dad will pay for me to have cosmetic surgery afterwards. How is that for being in the grieving stage - bargaining!!!

My partner, bless him, is I think having thoughts about himself and his own weight issues and wants me to just give it one more go. I am not in that place anymore, I am at the place where this is the 'one more go'.

It is so upsetting. Ever since I have told my family I done nothing but cry everytime I speak to them, because they try to talk me out of it! As if it didn't take  a hell of a lot of courage to make a decision like this.

I am due to be sleeved in July sometime.

Cheers

Hi, I am pleased that I found this thread. I have the support of the friends that I have told, but my family and my partner are dead against it. They say they will support me though, but in the mean time they are hell bent on convincing me otherwise!!!

My mother said to me that if I go back to weight watchers that her and Dad will pay for me to have cosmetic surgery afterwards. How is that for being in the grieving stage - bargaining!!!

My partner, bless him, is I think having thoughts about himself and his own weight issues and wants me to just give it one more go. I am not in that place anymore, I am at the place where this is the 'one more go'.

It is so upsetting. Ever since I have told my family I done nothing but cry everytime I speak to them, because they try to talk me out of it! As if it didn't take  a hell of a lot of courage to make a decision like this.

I am due to be sleeved in July sometime.

Cheers

if this is the situation, i would say to them that you don't want to discuss it with them anymore because you aren't getting the support you need. Be firm and final about it. "I appreciate your concern, but I am doing this on this date. If you don't want to be supportive about it, then I'm not discussing it with you any more."

• Like 2