southern_rogue

Forum improvements

Hey,

Any chance of having an option to highlight new posts? I like to keep up on all the gossip and sometimes it keeps saying new posts but I can't find them! :(

maybe have them change colour to make them stand out?

• Like 1

Hi Southern, I have two main windows open when Im here - one for "View your posts" the other is the "Board Index". any new post in any category you have posted in comes up on your "view your posts" which I read first. Then you do a refresh on both pages and the new posts or posts on conversations you havent been part of highlight on the board index... I guess you have noticed the little round button thing goes red when someone has posted something new.

Does that make any sense? I open every thread in a new page and close when finished the thread

Izzy

the other thing I got mixed up with at first was forgetting there can be multiple pages .. look fir the little numbered squares at the top of the page

I also just click on VIEW NEW POSTS and the new posts show up all on one page

no matter what forum they belong to....

• Like 1

If you are checking through all the posts on each visit then all you need to do is click the link that says View New Posts at the top of the board index list.

If you don't check them all at once then click View Active Topics.

Nonny

• Like 1

I would like everyone to have their photo on there profile and there profile filled in so i can see at a glance what part of the country they are from, if they are post op or pre op and if they are male or female :D

I also click on the ''view new content''

Still trying to work out the email and comments bit, every time i go there something different seems to come up. Am I meant to do something when someone has made me their friend or do they automatically become mine too LOL, so just in case i don;t reply to you it is probably because i haven't found your comment yet :unsure:

Still trying to work out the email and comments bit, every time i go there something different seems to come up. Am I meant to do something when someone has made me their friend or do they automatically become mine too LOL, so just in case i don;t reply to you it is probably because i haven't found your comment yet :unsure:

If someone adds you as a friend it is an automatic thing and you get sent an email and an alert, you do not need to do anything if you are happy to be there friend.