Princess

my new 80kg weight loss tattoo

well i finally did it. i decided on a design that represents the new me and my weight loss journey. so 4 hours later and lots of money here it is and if anyone wants to know it hurt like a bitch and out of all my tattoos this was the most painfull but worth it. sorry about the redness but i got burnt 2 weeks ago then this just hurt my back again but it will go down.

post-73-1294508043391_thumb.jpg

post-73-12945080434012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What a beautiful design - great way to mark a brilliant milestone

what other ones do you have?

izzy

thanks izzy

you should have a look on my facebook page as i have put up pics of them all. i now have a total of 7 and they are all very girly ones because i am very selective and fussy, ha ha

denise

You weren't mucking around Denise! I wondered how large it was going to be and that's pretty big. I'm very impressed at your pain tolerance for you to have this done all in one sitting today! It's very nice ink.

WOW !!! amazing ..I am going to FB to see your others.... :D

thanks but i dont know about my pain tolerance cause this is what i wanted to do in the 4 hours it took. at one stage i wanted to just walk out, cry, say only do half and i will come back another day, just do it in black only, dont worry about finishing the fairy the flower looks good, scream, pass out, rip the material of the chair, pull the backing off the chair and beat the tattooist over the head with it but i did have lots of pondering about life time as well and i just kept chanting to myself "i am not a fat denise, i am not a fat denise" and its amazing just how that can get you through a moment. dont get me wrong i am not trying to scare the shit out of anyone thinking about getting a tattoo or anything but i think it came down the fact that i didnt have any fat there to "cushion" me as i now realise that i actually have a spine, shoulder blades and other assortment of bones that i never knew were there but that bloody tattooist found everyone of them and it just vibrated through me ha ha. the things we do to ourselves. you think i would have learnt with banding surgery twice last year and colostomy reversal and 3 hernia repair surgeries this year but maybe my memory is failing me hmmm :roll:

denise

the other tattoos i have are in my Stephen and me folder

denise

That does look awesome Denise :D I too am now going to look at your other tatts. Does it stil hurt? How long till its healed? Its good that you found something meaningful to you to celebrate your achievement.

Kristy

WOW love you tattoo ! I have always thought the best way to mark a milestone in your life is with a tattoo, because its a similar feeling in a way you in through the pain and wait to reap the rewards in the end and are left with a permanent reminder so you don't forget. I plan to add one to my collection once i hit my goal eventually :) They always hurt that much more on the back bone i have one in the same spot and that was awfull too!

I love it. What an awesome way to mark an amazing achievement.

Hey what a great idea Denise...i have a few tattoo's and was thinking of what i'd like to get when i hit the magic mark in a couple of years...got a few in mind but will see how i feel at the time.

It will be nice to go to the tattooist and not be a huge fat blimp getting my clothes off around a heap of skinny little 18yo's!! :)

you go girl!

Wudda been sore with your sun burn-sucker for punishment aye :)

you'r tatt will look pretty amazing with a backless black dress- great way to show it off 8-)

SEz me who's too chicken to even get my ears peirced a second time.

Oh Yessss Denise that is gorgeous. :(

Ha ha rosmay that's funny. I thought the tattoo would be a constant reminder of my journey and that it's nearly over already. I also have a pandora bracelet and for every 5 kg I lost I bought a pandora charm which is also another good idea, whenever someone asks me about my bracelet I tell them that every charm is 5kg of weight lost, it's very expensive but personal to me.

Denise

I also have a Pandora bracelet and for every 5 kg I lost I bought a Pandora charm

one of my best friends (who is also a bandit) gave me a Pandora bracelet for my 30th so I'm doing the same but I'm doing every 10kg...

Well done, it is a great way to mark a milestone. I love the way you described the tattoo process, it kind of puts into words the look on the other guy's face when I was having a little tiny one done years ago - he couldn't quite express his emotions, but I got the distinct impression that he was going to take the tattooist out the back and beat him to a pulp!

Good for you Denise, I am so proud of you, and so pleased for you.

Rosie

I also have a pandora bracelet and for every 5 kg I lost I bought a pandora charm
I think I am going to steal this idea, I have wanted one for a while, so I told hubby I was going to do it and he thought it was a good idea.... He has absolutely NO idea how much these cost :D:P I guess he will start to get an idea when I layby one for myself as my xmas present from him :):):):lol::lol:

Kristy

That is a fab tattoo!!! I was going to wait till Id lost more weight to get another but I figure the extra padding might come in handy :P so Im getting another next month.

OK people ... we need a section in the photo gallery for all you brave souls who are celebrating with tattoos!

My daughter was always a brilliant artist, studied at RMIT then about a year or so ago started tattooing ... she is a fine portrait artist and is aiming at holding a niche in the market with that and also some medical tattoo for people with breast reductions, cancer etc who need some cosmetics to even things up. We were surprised at first to say the least ... she is a blonde sweet young thing and the image just didnt fit ... but DAMN is she talented, her reputation for quality is already building fast so if anyone wants a sweet young woman to tattoo them let me know, she is just outside Melbourne ina shop at the moment lol

Izzy

well i finally did it. i decided on a design that represents the new me and my weight loss journey. so 4 hours later and lots of money here it is and if anyone wants to know it hurt like a bitch and out of all my tattoos this was the most painfull but worth it. sorry about the redness but i got burnt 2 weeks ago then this just hurt my back again but it will go down.

post-73-1294508043391_thumb.jpg

post-73-12945080434012_thumb.jpg

Nice tattoo, BUT.. you should have headed the warnings from your tattooist. Sun screan!!!! The sun will wreck a tattoo in no time!!!!!!!!

The sun is the big enemy of the skin!!

ha ha thanks, i still catch glimpses of myself in mirrors and have this 5 second blank before i realize its me. since this tattoo i have had an arm sleeve done. the reason that i did the arm tattoo was so that i had to show off my arm for everyone to see my tattoo as i hated my flabby arms when i lost my weight but now i love them and am always wearing sleeveless tops and bikinis

denise

Ouch!!! ;) ........but a great weight loss :)