daffo

January 2011 banding in Orange

Is anyone else having banding done at Dudley in january?

I am having banding done at Dudley but not until May 31st.

I am having banding done at Dudley but not until May 31st.

I am booked in on this date too in Orange too I have to do 6 weeks of optifast first though :-( See you there

Isnt it funny how you get different rules, for different surgeons and states............

Hey, all the best. It will be best thing you every do.

I was banded on 5th Feburary 2008 at the dudly by Dr Hook after doing optifast for 4 weeks. My banding weight was 119.8kg(bmi40) but my biggest was 132kg. I got down to 82kg(bmi27.3) by october 2008, fall pregnant , had my band pulled during c-section so got my band repoistion 6 weeks after birth of my son (september 2009), weighing 90kg and now am at goal weighing 74kg with bmi of 24. Best thing i ever did

Diana

• Like 1

Hey, all the best. It will be best thing you every do.

I was banded on 5th Feburary 2008 at the dudly by Dr Hook after doing optifast for 4 weeks. My banding weight was 119.8kg(bmi40) but my biggest was 132kg. I got down to 82kg(bmi27.3) by october 2008, fall pregnant , had my band pulled during c-section so got my band repoistion 6 weeks after birth of my son (september 2009), weighing 90kg and now am at goal weighing 74kg with bmi of 24. Best thing i ever did

Diana

DIana I think I had read some posts from you on the central west banders forum a while back yes? Well done you what a great result..both times. I am hoping for another baby I have a 3 year old now but would liketo start tyring again about January( If I can drop[ 40 kilos) when you say pulled do you mean you had it taken out on purpose or they accidently pulled it druing surgery? Dr Hook is doing me too I realy liked his approach

DIana I think I had read some posts from you on the central west banders forum a while back yes? Well done you what a great result..both times. I am hoping for another baby I have a 3 year old now but would liketo start tyring again about January( If I can drop[ 40 kilos) when you say pulled do you mean you had it taken out on purpose or they accidently pulled it druing surgery? Dr Hook is doing me too I realy liked his approach

My band was accidentially pulled during the c-section my baby was stuck and the pulling etc from trying get my son out(think of where the port is ) caused the band to end up at end my stomach instead at the top. Well at least thats what myself and gp think, as soon as they had Jake out i had the worst pain in my left shoulder, i literlaly felt it. According to Dr Hook it could also have slipped/ detached from stomach wall during pregnancy due to morning sickness.But Dr Hook was so good it didnt cost me anything to have it fixed and he even got in the NSW best dr tabold to orange to fix it with him on a saturday. Just also what wanted to clarify what i said when is aid maintained sloe few kg, msot women lose the pregnancy kg and them maintain or lsoe few kg no problem but find hard budge from there. I was so glad iwas so much smaller with my son, i enjoyed pregnancy so much more, and wouldnt change a thing.

India44 that is great I would like to meet you for sure. I am going to Orange on 14th of April for an appointment with the dietitian on the 15th. Are you from Orange? We could meet up and have a chat. I am looking forward to the new chapter in my life.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mel

anyone still in Orange and want to catch up?

Also is there only Dr Hook in Orange and surrounds?

thanks

katygotmad

Hi,

Wondering if anyone is still using this site from Orange?

Hi Resa, I have only recently found this site and have only posted a couple of times. I had a banding three years ago and unfortunately I have had some issues lots of reflex and vomiting. I will be getting a gastric bypass within the next three months. Banding is a very good options for a lot of people, and congratulate them on their success. I lost 24kg and have 12 kg back on. I hope this procedure works. As I know it's only a tool and I definitely need to do the work. Dr Hook did the band and will also do this procedure. He is an expert in his field and have great confidence in his ability.

Hi Resa,

I am not from Orange but I had my op there at the Dudley and still travel to Orange for my appointments

Is anyone still using this post that is in Orange and getting a band at Dudley with Dr Hook or who has just recently got one 😀