krilynn

Country Folk

I actually don't live too far from you! I'm an hours drive to Bunbury and 3 hour drive to Perth from where I am!

It's tough definitely, but I find a lot of support from my local GP, who has been mainly doing my fills recently. It is VERY hard though I find to get someone to help when either my band is too tight, or I get food stuck and I can't stop vomitting.

IMO the GP is the next best help or solution, especially for me. Ask your GP if it's something they're willing to help you with, or perhaps local hospital?

wow krilynn ......i never thought about it!!! i will talk to my doctor now about it! seeing him next week and yes i live in a rural area too, im 4 hours away from my doctor.

Thank you so much Kristi !!

for bringing this topic up!

wow krilynn ......i never thought about it!!! i will talk to my doctor now about it! seeing him next week and yes i live in a rural area too, im 4 hours away from my doctor.

Thank you so much Kristi !!

for bringing this topic up!

No worries! Just something to think about when you are out in these rural areas and you have a problem. When you see your doctor again, ask him what type of needle is used to put fill in. My doctor said he was trained with a special needle as others can cause damage if used. Also I was told that if something was ever stuck, dont let anyone touch it if they dont know what to do with it. So a 3 hour drive to Perth could be very uncomfortable! I am just very cautious about eating anything that gets stuck.

Kristi

I'm not rural but had a quick read through this thread-my advice to you lovely people is to not panic if you have stuck moment-they happen daily to me :-( I find if I get up straight away and walk briskly with very good posture (back straight, head held high) that it seems to help the food pass. Under no circumstances can I try and chase it through with coke or any drink at all-it just makes it 100% more painful (for me, anyway, I know everyone is different!) so stay calm and it will pass!