Miss H

MUSH MUSH

I've just finished my first week of mush, another week of it to go.

Variety is key! So here are some of my creations thus far -

Green Curry Soup -

Diced vegetables boiled for 10 minutes (zuchini, potato, sweet potato, pumpkin).

In another saucepan add diced onion with a dash of garlic and chilli for about a minute then a small handful of chicken mince and cook through.

Pour in with mince the following - 2 tablespoons of green curry paste, can of coconut cream, half a cup of chicken stock, boiled veges

Let simmer for 20 minutes so veges go extra soft then serve

Note: Curry paste comes in many different flavours so you can swap for another flavour curry if green curry is not your thing.

Mexican Jumble -

On a saucer plate create a layer of refried beans and zap in micro for 1 min.

Add a layer of avocado

Add a layer of cooked taco seasoned mince

Top with salsa, grated cheese and sour cream

Note: Very filling! Small amounts only.

Shepherds Pie -

In an oven dish have a layer of mince with diced carrot, peas and corn with shepherd pie seasoning (whatever brand you prefer)

Layer of mash potato

grated cheese on top and then in the oven for half an hour.

Note: Freezes well

Rizos -

In an oven dish place some rissoles

Pour a tin of tomato soup over rissoles

30-40 minutes in the oven

Serve over creamy potato and pumpkin mash

Note: Spend the money on some good quality rissoles from the butcher or better yet, hand make them. They will freeze well.

Honey Mustard Chicken -

In a saucepan, handful of chicken mince, diced onion and cook through.

Add Honey Mustard Chicken sauce mix (I prefer the 'masterfoods' brand)

Serve over garlic mash

Note: Add veges if preferred, I usually add zuchini if I have some in the fridge.

Voila!

xo

• Like 7

mmmmm OMG im drooling! Bring on the mushie week.. (next week) oh im sick of drinking food! My jaw thinks ive sent it on a holiday. ow will i ever loose my 7 chins if im not using it. lol

Thanks a bunch for those recipies. they sound delish! and i will try them allllll...

1 thing. im not a fan of hot foods. can i make the curry MILD ??

Could NOT believe eating mushies could be so good. Thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipes.

Hey Becki, The curry pastes come in so many different flavours so you could just choose a sweeter curry flavour, I don't think it was very spicy anyway that's why I added chilli to mine.

Hey Becki, The curry pastes come in so many different flavours so you could just choose a sweeter curry flavour, I don't think it was very spicy anyway that's why I added chilli to mine.

Yummo...I have just started mushies....so far have only had mushed up avocado with lemon juice, pepper and salt - went down no worries at all and sooooooooo yummy.

Last night I had a cup full of hummus and boy that did not agree with me...felt like it was going down real slow and burped and burped and burped....will try some Vella vegi soup for lunch today....

I must admit I am no having a coffee in the morning and just loving it....

Keep up with the recipe ideas....and thank you.\

Regards

Fatima

Wow they sound soooo good. Dying for this stage to begin. I would have thought that the mince -both chicken and beef would have been too lumpy.

Were you nervous trying them the first time?

Nah I wasn't nervous, the mince goes down really well cause everything is well sauced, dry mince might be a problem though so I have avoided that. I had a bit of lettuce the other day and wow that hurt lol but lessoned learnt.

Just start off with small amounts I was prob only having half a cup to a cup per day for the first few days, now I can eat maybe 2 cups of mushy food.

For breakfast I usually have a runny poached egg, baked beans and a bit of avo on the side and I have had no problems at all with that.

I am trying the Mexican Jumble tonight with the family, cant wait!!

2 weeks today since my op and iam currently trying a banana.... its not going down to well. very very slow and painful. getting stuck i think ??????????? But golly gosh it tastes great and i miss them !

How was it Danielle? I had the honey mustard chicken for the second time this week lol.

Mmm can't wait...4 days to go for mushies.....

It was divine!!! Too divine infact, and is now sitting somewhere up around my neck! I still dont have a hang on serving size yet, but I think this taught me the hard way lol

Guest Icandoit

Mmmm I just had the Honey Mustard Chicken with some sweet potato mash (quite runny) and it was the best thing I've had since before banding - it was DEEVINE !!!!!!

I cannot wait to CHEW on something. My teeth and tongue feel weird. I am brushing my teeth all the time.

I like the Mexican jumble one. I have had it at parties but never knew the name of it.

I am looking forward to my Mum's tuna mornay!

mmmmm OMG im drooling! Bring on the mushie week.. (next week) oh im sick of drinking food! My jaw thinks ive sent it on a holiday. ow will i ever loose my 7 chins if im not using it. lol

Thanks a bunch for those recipies. they sound delish! and i will try them allllll...

1 thing. im not a fan of hot foods. can i make the curry MILD ??

Becki - on the chewing thing? I just chew suger free gum.

• Like 1

GUACAMOLE RECIPE

2 Avocados-well mashed

1/4 cup cooked capsicum strips-diced fine (the ones in the jar will do)

1/4 cup onion - diced fine & fried gently until very soft (in a tblsp oil)

pinch of salt

juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes

chilli to taste

Mix together, chill & eat

Later on you can have this with crackers or as a topping for chili Con Carne

but for mushies, its great on its own as a vegetable substitute

MMMM Thankyou for these recipies!! I'll have to give them all a try! :-)

I can't wait to try these... I'm drooling lol

I'm 6 days off starting mushies. These recipes sound great & I cant wait :)