Nic-Alayne81

Toowoomba and Darling Downs / Ipswich and Lockyer Valley Bandits

Heya everyone,

Just wondering if there are any Toowoomba / Darling Downs / Ipswich or Lockyer Valley Bandits on here??

I am from Toowoomba.

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm at Walloon, just west of Ipswich.

I see your surgery is next week, good luck .

My Wife and I moved from Toowoomba about 4 years ago, we used to live at Rangeville, Toowoomba is a nice place to be.

We still have lots of friends and still spend a weekend or so a month up there so if you would like to organise a "meet" after your surgery I'll come along.

Hiya!

Wow, I know where Walloon is! I drive through it to get to Boonah from the Warrego Hwy. I love living in Toowoomba! I've lived here for 5 years now, I used to live in Ipswich.

I was hoping if we get enough bandits from our area we can organise a "meet". Would be good I think.

Thanks for replying! :)

I would love to meet up with other bandits I am from near Ipswich let me know if you decide to get together and I will do my best to be there. rolleyes.gif

Hey Nic, I found my way over here. I am another from the Ipswich area, but spend a lot of time in Toowoomba.

Hi iam from toowoomba to and my arthirits doctor has sent a refferal to the royal brisbane hospital as he has recommed me for the lap band surgery as he told me he has had a patient that it has worked well for,just waiting to here back from royal brisbane hospital.

Welcome Chook.

Hey if you know what department your referral was sent to, chase the hospital up to make sure they recieved it! (Just a tip from a mum who has hospital lose urgent referrals before.)

Thanks i will do it on wednesday. Will ring the royal brisbane hospital.

There are a few of us on here from the area now! Will probably organise a meet-up in the spring sometime, this will give us time to settle into our bands and find a routine with them. Tell me what you think?

Great idea Nic!

Speaking of which are you working Thursday? I will be up the hill on Thursday for the day. Suppling my own mushies for the day lol.

Hi I am in Toowoomba and am seriously considering Lap Band Surgery. Can it be done in Toowoomba? Can fills be done in Toowoomba? Which surgeon do you recommend?

H.

Great idea Nic!

Speaking of which are you working Thursday? I will be up the hill on Thursday for the day. Suppling my own mushies for the day lol.

Nope, not working. When and where did you want to meet?

Hi I am in Toowoomba and am seriously considering Lap Band Surgery. Can it be done in Toowoomba? Can fills be done in Toowoomba? Which surgeon do you recommend?

H.

Dr Evan Willingham does lap-bands from St. Vincent's. Not sure what he's like though. I've been told that I can get my fills done with him if I like but I prefer to go to my surgeon in Brissy. I have family down that way so don't mind the travel.

Nope, not working. When and where did you want to meet?

Well it won't be the Mc Cafe ROFL, although we could probably get Mr T out of the playgroundtis time :rolleyes:

Let me know and we will go on the weather of the day, I do have to go to Myer or house wilst I am up there for smaller bowls that match our dinner set.

Jodie

Sweet as, Just text me with a place and time on Thursday and i'll meet you.

And LOL, yeh we probably could. He was having way too much fun in the playground Haha!!

i rang my arthritis doc he has asked my gp to send the refferal too the royal brisbane hospital had not heard from then rang my gp he for got to send it but is working on the refferal. have to ring back early next week.

Hi all,

I'm from Toowoomba as well. Just had my 2 year banding anniversary. Would love to meet up with some other bandits or bandits to be.

To Helen re earlier post - A work colleague went to dr willngham for her surgery and seems quite happy (although she wasn't impressed with the psychologist used for the evaluation or the dietician).

My surgeon is Dr Copp in Ipswich and I'm so happy with everything, even two years on. He and his team visit Toowoomba every 6 weeks for follow ups and adjustments if required, and work from St Andrews hospital here in Toowoomba. He only operates at St Andrews in Ipswich

(that's where I chose) and greenslopes (I think). Hope that helps.

Hope to meet some new friends soon :)

Mel.

My surgeon is Dr Copp in Ipswich and I'm so happy with everything, even two years on. He and his team visit Toowoomba every 6 weeks for follow ups and adjustments if required, and work from St Andrews hospital here in Toowoomba. He only operates at St Andrews in Ipswich

(that's where I chose) and greenslopes (I think). Hope that helps.

Hope to meet some new friends soon :)

Mel.

correct Mel!

Dr Copp is my surgen too. I am from Ipswich, but in toowoomba often!

Hey bubbles - what do you think of Dr C? I always feel great after a catch up, he makes me feel like I can achieve anything! Perhaps we could catch up sometime when you're in Toowoomba next time Ü

Mel

I really get on well with him. He is a chatter box just like me LOL and we share the common bound of parenting challanging boys. He is just a few years ahead of me though and has lots of wise advice! I think my first appointment was about an hour long, felt kind of bad when I left his office and the waiting room was very full!

Hi All

Im in Ipswich and booked in for my band 05/08/2011 so just started Optifast today. Also very nervous as never had a big operation before.

found out last week my gp did not send a refferal to royal brisbane hospital saw him on wednesday did the refferal for me and he also put a letter in from my arthritis doc as well to put the weight be hind his refferal . found out the recieptist never handed a message about it to him at least it has been done now.