Jacqui in Adelaide SA

Frequently Asked Questions

Maybe I didn't look at all the Frequently Asked Questions far back enough but did anyone have problems with bowels while on Optifast? I was on Day 8 when I found out and not pleasant.

I have chosen to add Benefiber (No added sugar and gluten free) to my morning shake and evening shake so I am not in that painful position again.

you poor thing i actually had the opposite and even now after being on fluids for 2 weeks i havent had to look at taking benefibre lol

Im sure things will settle down for you and it wont be long before your banded and back having regular food and all this will be a thing of the past

Best wishes

Suzie

Never had any probs. Was advised to get benefibre and have it in the cupboard - unopened.

I had issues and used benefiber twice a day. Fluid consumption is also paramount to warding off this problem. At least 2 litres a day if not more.

I guzzeled water like it was going out of fashion and 'passed' only twice on optifast :blink:

I had no troubles doing my biz on 3 week Optifast. I take my Orange Metamucil twice a day without fail (as soon as I wake up) before I even brush my teeth! and then 1 hour after dinner. This way my daily routine is like clockwork, i get to do my biz at home before I get to work! sorry maybe TMI :)

And like everyone mentioned, drink drink drink - this will help flush the toxins from your body and help you pass stuff.....

My dietitian mentioned to use either Benefibre or Metamucil if having issues when on Optifast, so I'm guessing it must be a pretty common occurence.

I take a chewable fibre. I find the Orange benefibre too sweet (gives me a headache). I use the Natures Way Chewable Fibre. I have 2 at breakfast and they say 2 tablets "provide more fibre than a glass of the market leading fibre"

My linkhttp://www.naturesway.com.au/vitamin.asp?productID=79

When I went on holiday recently I only took enough for 1 per day - stupid me, not sure what I was thinking when I packed, and I really noticed the difference in not having enough.

Mate! Day 3 on Optifast and I was making an urgent and worried fast-track to the nearest public loo on the highway because I had a sudden need! (If you know what I mean)..

After that, though, it was constipation city! And I think possibly it would have been better if I'd really gotten that sorted before my surgery. If it was constipation city before surgery, it was constipation planet after!!

I agree with everyone else - it's all heaps better when I'm well hydrated.

Pear juice has been really good, along with some extra fibre - either metamucil or psyllium.

Good luck!

LL