Minime84

Surgery Done!! 4 days post op.

Hi Everyone,

Jackie here! Ok so I have had my surgery on Monday (28th) and so far so good! I was very emotional and nerve racking all at the same time and happened so fast. Before I knew it I was in recovery and before I know it I'm home and it's day 4!! I have been really blessed with the post op pain and discomfort! I did have some shoulder tip pain in the first 2 days especially when lying down, walking and drinking water helped me through that one oh and sleeping vertical for the first 2 nights.dry.gif I have had regular bowel movements since day 2. (Sorry if that's an over share but I think It helps people reading this who haven't yet been banded to read as mouch as possible.) I have been staying with my cousin who has been banded for almost a year and she is very surprised with how well I have coped in comparison to her a year ago.

I have been keeping up with my fluids but did find it hard in the first 2 days or so. It all does seem to get better and pan out!! I have been hungry after about day 3 but drinking yoghurt seems to help! I'm getting full after about 1/4 -1/2 cup of anything. I'm definately expecting that to change and become more and more hard to deal with as the time goes on and the swelling goes down, although I do believe a lot of that is definately mind over matter once again. I have been having trouble with protein shakes and sustagen as the dietician thinks that the protein content in them are too strong for my stomach to handle as they just aren't sitting well. (I can handle the dairy in the yoghurt so we ruled that out.)

To date I have lost 8.5kg in about 3 weeks (including pre op diet) Though I won't be taking that as a definate as I think it's hard to judge with the swelling of surgery build up of gas etc etc. I'll have to set a day each week to take a more accurate scale reading.

So in a nutshell that's been my journey so far this week! Like I said so far so good.

Have a fab weekend everyone!

Take care,

Jackie. B)

congratulations :)

Great progress Jackie

I am day 9 post op now and my story is not to different from yours. I am still getting that cursed shoulder pain on occasion though. I have lost since surgery about 5kg. Trying to think up a story for my weight loss to tell those who don't know about the surgery (which is everyone). Had my stitches out last Wednesday and have started walking for 40mins again.

I, like you, have been blessed to have a good recovery. Isn't it amazing how little we can eat. It still blows me away. I am dead sick of soup though and thankfully found a shop that makes home made soups near me. Only 5 more loooong days on it. <_<

Congratulations on your weightloss and look forward to following your progress.

Well done ..I to had a good recovery :)

CONGRATZ on the weight loss to date...things will

only get better...

hope to follow the rest of your journey..

Marion

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your journey so far, i today have seen my Dr and have booked surgery in for the 28/4. I hope it goes as well for me as it has for you guys. Starting the pre op diet on Monday

Here we go!!!!!!!

Thanks Marty

thanks so much for sharing your story jackie. I am having my op on the 11th and it is good to hear how people have gone with the recovery.

Great! Now don't be scared or worried if over the next few weeks you get hungrier and hungrier and the weight loss slows or you even gain a little - depending on whether you had any fill (saline) at surgery or not (I didnt) is what can cause this and it's normal. First fill may not be for 6 weeks (depending on your surgeon) and then you will get some restriction (and relief from hunger), real food again and also be able to exercise without worryign about rupturing anything. Not meaning to scare you - just to let you know...