thenewme20111

Share your NON SCALE VICTORIES (NSV)

Hi Mandie - that is AWESOME! gotta love knee high boots for Winter - pls post a pic! :)

Sarah x

Bought a top OFF THE RACK at Sportsgirl today. Haven't done this in years. Was relegated to the fat lady stores. I felt great, but in disbelief. Still thinking they've made a mistake with the sizing. Don't think the self perception is keeping up with the body.

• Like 1

my jeans are too big on me....n im feeling the cold!!

Going from a size 24 jeans to 18 and them already feeling loose! Yay!

I had a bath for the 1st time since before being banded and I could fit comfortably in it!!

I was not like a beached whale inside with the water lapping over the edge HAHA :)

Yay for the NSV's !

Sarah x

• Like 1

Just realised that I have something to contribute here, even though I am not really in the weight loss camp anymore...

No blood pressure medication for this pregnancy. Had to take copious amounts of pills the first time around :)

I think I have had my first NSV well in fact a week of them :-) I was banded nearly 4 weeks ago but have lost 25 kilos since my first appointment back in Feb. i am not too good at keeping secrets but decided not to tell many people at all about the band only 4 at work know and I am closest to them. This week on the 3 days they have seen them I have had different clothes on as I ALWAYS wear the same over sized baggy daggy clothes ( you know how it is) Instead I went through my wardrobe after a week with nice snow and thought holy hellwhat have I got thats warmer to wear. Hmm let me see yep that skirt I had made to wear 5 years ago ( then had to pin it up becasue it was slightly too big) hmm that lovley suede coat that I had to dust..yes dust becasue it had been so long since I wore it *L*. Then yet another skirt and top with a nice scarf I had boguht ages ago and you know what..I looked ok :-) On both days at work 2different girls came up to me and said I looked great today so healthy and happy what was I doing. I ummed and ahhed thought do I tell them and then just said."just .trying to be happy and healthier" and both said..well its working *L* its so amazing isnt it how a little stroke of the ego can put you on cloud nine. Its also nice to be interested in what I wear again even though they weight t loss has such a long way to go I think its a pretty good start.

Today I had to return my size 12 skinny leg work pants that i bought 2 weeks ago to the store to swap them for a size 10!!

• Like 1

not only have i just bought a size 8 pair of skinny jeans but my big news is that i got asked to be in a banding book and i said YES, woohoo and my other victory that is not banding related is that last weekend i played 5 roller derby bouts in 2 days for the nth aust championships and The Reef City Roller Girls came 2nd, my team was the fittest their. i had a fitness score done with my dietician the other day and i was 97 which is professional athlete level, i love roller derby ha ha

denise

• Like 1

Everyone's doing marvellously!

I've had a couple... mum's over here again and we went through some of my clothes... I've just realised I can do my winter parka up for the first time since 2007 and mum reckons it's the loosest it's been on me since I bought it! I'm wearing so many clothes I've had hiding in my wardrobe and I've even had to put some back because they're now too busy!

And someone at work called me by the name of a coworker the other day as I was saying goodbye (I had my back to her at that point) and when she realised she said "I thought you were such and such because you're so skinny now!" hehe!

And just in general... realising that banding has drastically altered my relationship with food but it doesn't stop me eating out. I'm quite happy ordering pub food at our Rotary meeting (held, ironically, above the Swan Hotel in Melbourne ;) ), eating a few bites of parma and salad and stopping at that. No one notices, no drama. Sure I hate wasting food but that's always going to be my lot from here on in ;) And of course having chocolate in the house but no desire to eat it is a new and lovely thing as well :)

• Like 1

My latest one is my favourite Joanne Mercer brown leather knee high boots actually reach up to my knees now instead of bunching up around my ankles cause my calves are too fat for the leather to stretch over...... and just in time for winter to boot. :D

• Like 2

ha ha MelDavo i am the same as you. as this is my first skinny winter and all boots fit my legs even with jeans on, i have gone crazy buying boots. i just bought these great ones from a shoe store that come up over my knees. they finally look like i am not a knome as i did before. i just had to buy 9 shoe boxes to put all my boots in to look after them. aaahhh the joys of shopping :P

denise

This NSV caught me by surprise. It's a moment I will probably never ever forget.

I start my gym workout every day with a 30 minute treadmill run (actually more of a shuffle). Yesterday a new member got onto the treadmill next to mine and started chatting. She was a very, very big woman - and clearly struggling with excercise.

She asked me how old I was and when I told her I'm 59, her response was that she'd give anything to 'have a body like yours, when I'm that age. Actually I'd give anything to have a body like yours at any age!'

My body will never be stunning! I'm still quite overweight, have had two kids - breastfed them both for two years - and I'm turning 60 in a couple of months.

That was quite simply, the nicest thing I can ever remember anyone saying to me - and I told her so.

Kate.

P.S. So why did I wolf down 2 Caramello Koalas on the way home from work! The body might be improving but the head still has a way to go!

Three gym-related NSV today :)

Walk in and my trainer (who just happened to be working, I didn't have a session booked) says "Wow look at you! When did we last do measurements because you're looking so much skinnier!" (although I held off since it's only been a couple of weeks, I'll give it one more ;) )

Instead of walking one minute jogging one minute walking one minute etc (or walking for 2 in between) I did a block of TWO STRAIGHT MINUTES JOGGING! I'm sure I'll look back at that "achievement" one day and laugh but I felt over the moon about it today ;)

And last but not least I beat my all-time record for 1000m on the rower... by a good 10 seconds! First time under 6 minutes & I did it in 5.51 laugh.gif

I LOVE the gym because everything can be measured & quantified and it's really easy to see progress happening :)

• Like 1

Guest Icandoit

My HUGE NSV happened today and I was sooooo PROUD of myself. I really have progressed in my journey...

We had three packets of chocolate biscuits bought into our office by one of our Managers today because he could see we were under pressure and could do with a chocolate fix. The biscuits were for sharing amongst five of us - so need I say more!!!! I resisted and managed to go home without caving and having one of them... In my pre banded life I would have had at least half a dozen biscuits throughout the day... so was quite smug leaving for the day and having resisted.... I LOVE MY BAND!!!

A small victory but today I passed - tick !!

Great work Jodie :) Passing up choccy bikkies is a huge achievement (if you're anythng like me!)

Had a fight with my flatmate today which was partly my fault and was feeling crappy... so rather than turning to chocolate I headed to the gym and beat the heck out of this dude!

Meet Alfred... I'm guessing he's a lil sore right now ;)

alfredt.jpg

• Like 1

I haven't posted here before, but I was too excited not to share.I was getting dressed today and thought I would try on a pair of jeans my niece gave me. (size 18 but was too tight around the thickest part of my thigh) well they was so big I looked like a scater dood! So went looking for a smaller size, I had a pair of 16's from years ago but they need to be retired (They are pretty old) so I though I would try a 14. Well I couldn't find any so I got out the 12s AND THEY FIT!!!!! I couldn't believe it so I got out size 12 jean short that I bought 2 years ago and have never worn (still have tags) and they fit too!!! 3 Days ago I was wearing my size 18 that was getting too loose and today size 12!! ( I also lost 1.5 kg from yesterday!) I knew my body needed to catch up with the weight lose but that is 3 jean sizes!!! WOW. Thanks for reading!

Kristy

My lastest non scale victory is actually cleaning the shower because I can now bend over and touch my toes.

• Like 2

Just starting out here. Loved reading all the NSV. Mine is sticking to just optifast & few veggies for five whole days!

• Like 1

I have a couple recently,

This morning for the first time in 24 years I am wearing a pair of Size 16 Postie leggings !

This morning I looked in the mirror after my shower and realised that my bath sheet towels actually go all the way around me and cover everything!!

I had to raid my mum's cupboard for clothes to fit me until I can afford to buy myself more.

MY other victory is my mum has an appt to see a surgeon at the end of this month to investigate getting banded too - I'm so proud of her ♥

-xx-

• Like 1

I went into the city yesterday, shopping for new bathers for my Bali trip. I bought size 12, but that is not the only victory. I walked past SUPRE, and just for a giggle, I went in and tried things on. SUPRE of all shops, considers me to be a MEDIUM!!!!!! I didn't buy anything from them, but now I know that I am getting close to "normal" size if I can fit into their stuff haha.

• Like 1

size 16 just jeans LEVI jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats allllll

rach

That's awesome Danielle, if you can wear supre, you can wear anything ;)

Rach, I saw your pic, your brilliant smile brought tears to my eyes :)