Sign in to follow this  
Elaine

Hi Everyone

Hi all

My name is Elaine and I was banded in Nov 2007

Aftering losing most of my weight in the first year I gave birth to a beautiful lil girl in Feb2009 ...falling pregnant again after she was just 2 months old...i continued to lose weight during both pregnancies with careful watch of drs and Dr Watson and gave birth to a gorgeous lil boy in early January of 2010. I also have an 11 yr old son :)

I am now struggling to start up the weight loss again! I have been on forums/groups previously because lack of time really with two lil ones but now they are getting bigger and dont require SO much of my time I can now concentrate on myself again and I will get there eventually I know I will!

I recently had my band tightened but i have a 11ml band with 10.5ml of fluid in ...so theres not much more room for tightening.. I remember when i used to get it tightened i wouldn't be able to even drink water after for a while and definately not eat that day but now the last two times i've had it tightened i've come home and been able to eat dinner after. I am at a place where i'm comfortable with WHAT and how much i can eat... altho the weight doesn't seem to come off anymore...it just sits.. i dont put any on or take off... i think what i need is to up the exercise . (need to chuck the kids in the stroller and get out there!)

Am looking for inspiration from others and some friendly ppl to give me advise and support and generally a good kick up the arse when i fall off track!

Hope to meet lots of nice ppl here and look forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories.

If i can help with any questions or anything you want to ask privately please dont hesitate to do so.

Thanks

Elaine :D

Welcome Elaine. I've only been banded for 8 weeks so I'm not sure I've got much to offer in the way of advise. Someone suggested jumping on optifast for a week or two to jump start the weight loss process when you hit a wall which I've kept in the back of my kind for future reference. Maybe that would help you..... Just a thought

Im with MelDavo give the (lovely) optifast a go again, it might just kick start that plateau, Im only 5 days post Lapband, and am still on the fluids lol but dont seem to be hungry at all. All the best Elaine :)

thanks guys..i nearly really thought about doing the optifast again..but hey i might just give that a go! (omg did i really just say that!?) that dreaded dreaded stuff! nah its not that bad!

:unsure: