Blonde007

Any other WA people keeping their surgery a secret?

Kip Good on you for standing up!

I got the Band 3 years ago and only my Husband and parents in law knew, (because they live across the road from us on our farm LOL) , now I am switching to the sleeve and same again no one knows. Get this though a friend of mine had the band before me and even she was bad mouthing me for 'thinking' of getting it and answering questions! argh some people! And i'm not telling my mum because I have heard her make bad comments about it when she has seen it on TV etc and I dont want her to think badly of me for getting it. even though she has struggled with weight all her life.

I have only told my partner my best friend and my nanna as i cant be botherd with the *easy way out* comments i just dont need that negativity around me when im changing my life so drastically people may ask what im doing and maybe ill tell them but until then i wont :) feel free to add me to Facebook any of you but please dont say anything on my wall :) its Brooke Bond the picture is of me and a friend i am also getting banded on the 24th of this month at Joondalup Kimbo where are you getting done ? we may end up in the waiting room together ?? im going through Dr Yong

[quote name='finally my turn :)' timestamp='1343910297' post='94995']

I have only told my partner my best friend and my nanna as i cant be botherd with the *easy way out* comments i just dont need that negativity around me when im changing my life so drastically people may ask what im doing and maybe ill tell them but until then i wont :) feel free to add me to Facebook any of you but please dont say anything on my wall :) its Brooke Bond the picture is of me and a friend i am also getting banded on the 24th of this month at Joondalup Kimbo where are you getting done ? we may end up in the waiting room together ?? im going through Dr Yong

I "came out" to 2 of my girlfriends over morning tea this week (mainly as 1 of them is having my children from 6am on surgery day for school drop off). I told them both I wanted to keep it quiet, and I was thrilled to bits with their responses.

When I said I won't lie about it all, although I'd rather people didn't know, they each convinced me to take the little white lies path to avoid judgement of acquaintances that ask. We had an issue this year with Miss 5 blowing a terminal cancer secret to her entire class, very matter of factly, and everyone bringing it up to me when emotionally I wasn't ready to lay it out there.

So now I'm having "women's surgery" if I'm asked, and when I get weight loss comments it'll be about "smaller portions", which technically is true.

I'm disappointed I didn't have more faith in my friends, and really buoyed by their support.

• Like 3

Feel free to add me on Facebook if you ever need to talk or support, I am newly banded by Dr Dolan on 27th July.

Genene Hewitt xx

• Like 1